Tears and despair

Christmas came closer and closer, while Percy got the feeling, something's about to happen. Something big. These feelings were the hardest a day before her disappearing.

It was two weeks before Christmas as it happened. Like every day, Alfred made his round to wake everyone up.

But instead of finding an already awake Percy like always, he only found an empty room. The butler at once rushed to Bruce to tell him about the mysterious disappearance of his niece.

Batman, Robin, and some of the founders of the league searched together for Percy. They searched the security cameras of Wayne manor and the whole city, but nowhere was a single sign about by who, why or where she was taken.

They even called her camp with the hope of getting a track of her. But of course, they didn't get anything more, than the promise to be called if they found anything.

A week later, they got a call from camp as Bruce sat in his office. "Bruce Wayne, who is there?"

"Good evening, Mr. Wayne, Mr. Brunner here. We got news, that Percy will most probably will be in California in the next few months. But we fear, she won't have any memories. We will tell you as soon as we know where exactly she is." The black-haired man sighed. "Good, thank you for the information. We will keep our eyes open too." He ended the call and went to his son as fast as possible.

"Dick! I got news from Percy." Said boy sat straighter at these words. "She will most probably be in California sometime. But sadly, I don't know why or where exactly. These were the only info's her camp found."

"Okay , then let's set a face identification. When we are ready, we will get a notification as soon as one camera identified her face." Dick suggested, the others agreed and went to work.

The family feared, they would have done a mistake, because they didn't get a single message about Percy being in California, until one day in June, when she was seen heading to San Francisco. As they got the news, they threw a little party for their own. But one question stayed on their mind the whole time: What does Percy do at the places she travels to?

Even with the message about Percy being alive, they still feared for her.

(Heroes of Olympus happened like it was in the books, but Hazel, Piper and Percy all became very close friends.)

The Giant War was over. But to a price...

Andrew and Leo died.

After the war, Piper directly arranged a ride home and most of the others stayed at one of the two camps, while Percy decided to stay for another week until she swam for a week to Atlantis where she was welcomed with open arms and a crying Mera.

As Kaldur visited Atlantis and made his way to his King, her heard a familiar voice which sang a song.

A smile made its way to his face, and he swam faster. As the blonde reached the throne room, he couldn't believe his eyes.

In front of him stood Percy Jackson alive and well. He rushed towards her as she noticed him and opened her arms, he gladly pulled her into a tight hug.

"Please don't do that again. I was so worried." He whispered in her ears before he pulled away. She straightened her stance while keeping her smile and turned back to talk to the two royals.

"Orin, if you don't mind, I would like to stay here for a week. Like every year." Said person smiled soft at the girl and spoke. "Of course, we would love to have you here. Kaldur, do you mind if you instead of the planned, would stay with Percy?" He addressed the last part at the boy who stood beside them.

"It would be my pleasure my king." The princess stepped in. "Kaldur, you don't have to do that, if you don't want. I don't want to be the reason you can't do, what you planned to do during your stay." He nodded firmly. "Princess, it doesn't matter, what I planned to do, if I get the opportunity to protect you. Even if I know you are perfectly capable to do it by yourself. But if it disturbs you if I be your guard, you can have another."

"Its fine thank you for doing this." She turned back to Orin and Mera. "I will be in my room and change into something, as you would say, 'worthy for a princess to look like me rang required. Even if I hate it." She muttered the last part so quiet, that only Kaldur was able to hear it. The two adults nodded and dismissed the teens.

During her stay in the palace, Percy bond even more with Kaldur, Orin and Mera. The princess was comforted every time she thought about her lost  friends and had a flashback. They laughed if she made a mistake and cheered as she made something right during her royal-, power- and fight training.

The night before her departure, she sat as usual on her windowsill and sang 'warrior' Kaldur stood beside her and had his eyes closed while listening to her wonderful voice. But no matter how beautiful her voice was, he noticed her choice of song and how it was full of hope. Like she sang the song with the hope of convincing herself about this.

After she finished, he, once again, pulled her into a hug to comfort her. Even if she tried to hide the impact, that this war had to her, he could see it.

Kaldur was one of the few people who also got to see Percy's weaker side. And every time he saw it, he tried to comfort her and assure her, everything would be fine.

Percy fell asleep in his arms, so he carried her to her bed, laid her down and pulled a blanket over her. As he tried to go outside to let her sleep-in peace, she grabbed his wrist and didn't let it go. He took a chair and sat down next to her while muttering words of comfort.

"Percy, it will be fine. You are fine. Your family is fine, and you are going to see them tomorrow. Have no nightmares, but sweet dreams. Everyone cares about you; I care about you. Don't worry, I won't let anyone harm you." Percy's panicked face relaxed and she, slowly, loosened her grip around Kaldur's wrist.

He smiled at her, before making a rash decision, he kissed her forehead. "Goodnight princess." And headed outside.