Chapter 27: Free The Mountain Valley Village Part One

Alex set the haybale up and looked at Steve for confirmation. He nodded and she placed the campfire. Smoke started to rise high and the two ran to their positions.

After a day's worth of counting with Illigers moving in and out of the village and Outpost, they estimated there were 64 Vindicators, 1 Evoker, 3 Ravengers, 72, Pillagers and a witch.

The plan was to lure some of them out using the smoke and to then kill them. Then more would come to investigate why a Patrol hasn't returned. Rinse and repeat until the numbers get too high. That's when Steve would pull a lever detonating some TNT allowing the pair to flank the village from the front and the side without the river.

Steve waited anxiously behind dirt. Soon enough a Patrol came out to investigate. He could see the banner on the Captain who was surrounded by 4 Pillagers.
Steve pulled back his bow and shot an arrow at the Captain. Alex taking this as a sign attacked from the other side in the same fashion.

The Pillagers got caught off guard and could do nothing as they died dropping a bit of XP on the ground.

They waited in silence as soon as another Patrol came to investigate why the others haven't returned. But they soon found out the hard way.
Yet another Patrol came, this time it was twice the size with a Captain, 7 Pilligers and 2 Vindicators.

Steve took out his bow and shot an arrow at the Captain, Alex did the same killing it. Using this, he jumped out of his hiding spot and charged at the Vindicators that were sprinting towards him.
The first one took a swing but he managed to roll and dodge his attack, the second one managed to only brush against armour but soon followed the same fate.
Meanwhile, Alex rushed the Pilligers almost hugging the shield as the arrows deflected of it killing the closest one.

Pulling out her sword she, with relative ease, fought with the remaining ones. After this small skirmish, they munched on some cooked beef before returning to their hiding spots.

The minutes rolled by, yet eventually, another group came. 4 Pillagers and 2 Vindicators approached; they were met with a deadly blow from the pair.

After the skirmish, Steve checked with Alex, "There are 60 Pillagers and Vindicators left right?"

"Yeah, if I counted correctly."

"This might be easier than I thought," He lightly laughed.

Alex chuckled, "Well I wouldn't put it too far."

They went back to their hiding place as they awaited the next batch. The sound of the mobs marching disturbed the air, Alex and Steve prepared as the herd of mobs approached them. Too many to count. Too many to fight. Steve triggered the TNT and braced for the shockwave to flow through his body.

It started as a fizzle, like a creeper sneaking up on a foe, the surprise of death blew in their faces with the might of 12 TNT explosions detonating one after the other. Its crater was large; swallowed up the loot dropped by the mobs.

"Hey Alex," Steve looked at her, "There's no going back now."

"Yeah, it is time... to free the mountain valley village."