Chapter 17: The Disappeared

They came out and recovered. Lots of rotten flesh, carrots, potatoes, iron, shovels and the like. The place was completely ruined. It was time for more defences. They rebuild the house out of the cobble stone they had as temporary place for the obsidian. They also wanted an 8 block gap between them and the lava they also wanted so no mobs could get in.

The design was that there was only one entrance and exit through the door that went over the lava. First, they needed lots of lava. They had plenty of iron to make buckets but little lava. Steve volunteered to go in and get some. Alex tagged along to get more lava.

"Hey Steve, remember when you said something about King of the monsters."

"Yeah"

"Why did you say that?"

"It was a reference... To Godzilla King Of The Monsters. Its actually a really good film but didn't feel like other Godzilla films." He said as he walked down to get some lava.

"How do you know about the film? You came in 3 years before the release of the movie. I've only seen like one trailer."

"Leave it. This whole story doesn't make sense."

"How exactly?"

"Well, we're humans and are round. Like our skull and body shape isn't a square. We're in the Nether where water literally evaporates as soon as its placed. How aren't we dead? And mobs. Like a zombie, it's 2 blocks tall. 2 metres in the real world. And I'm sure as hell that you weren't 2 meters tall." He snapped.

"Damm what's with you!" Alex asked.

"How long have I been here?"

"Well you we're reported missing about 3 years since I came into the world."

"How does a circle look like? And how is the world doing? And how tall is the average height?"

"Well, I don't know how to describe a circle an-"

"I forgot. I forgot about everything like that. I forgot the feeling of fresh air and not having to look back. Its been 3 years, I don't know if I'm the first one, but-" a tear fell down the cheek before getting evaporated, "Out of all of us, I'm the first one in the world. I had no helping hand. My knuckles, God... I can't even feel my hands anymore. Punching a tree hurts."

"Its alright. We're coming out of this game."

They hugged as the lava popped. Then everything changed. In the distance, new biomes, in the lava. Ocean, a new mob. One's that they haven't seen before.

"Let's get out of here." Alex suggested.

"Agreed."

They ran into the portal and everything looked different. The different texture of blocks. The weat farm looked different. They couldn't tell if it was fully grown or not.

"YO GUYS!" Steve shouted. But no response.

They looked in and out of the house. Looked on the map. No one but themselves.

With one look from each other. They both knew that something drastic happened.

Both at the same time, "SHI--