Chapter 5: The Town

After a painstakingly boring 2 weeks  being in the hospital, Alex was discharged. Steve had kept her company on some evenings and mornings, but he couldn't stay for too long whenever he had found the time to vist. Feeling greatful to escape, she stepped outside to see the town. It was a huge place with many buildings and trees.

Her sky blue eyes looked around in confusion and cuoristy, she had realised she doesn't know the place very well and was lost. Not knowing where she came from or where to go, she slowly and cautiously walked down a street. She had come to a split in the road. Unsure in which direction to go, she randomly guessed with the old fashioned 'eeny meeny miny moe'.  With a direction chosen she began to walk again only to stumble in to Steve.

"Sorry, I am in a rush" apologied Alex not knowing who she bumped into.

"For what?" Steve questioned

"I was trying to find you. Where were you?" Alex said in relief.

Chuckling Steve replied, "Woudn't it be more wise to wait for me in front of the hospital then aimless walking around. Don't worry I will give you a tour, is today good?"

"OK, thank you " Alex happily agreed.

Walking around the corner that she had previously guessed, Steve stopped and began to talk again.
"Here is the hospital and on the right is a pharmacy where instant health I, leaping I and swiftness I are made. Here is the map of the town, " Steve said pointing to it to a notice board - that was helpfully situated with the map of the town that was firmly pinned up- had made his life easier due to him not having to show her the individual streets.
"I will show you the main parts."

Steve took her to the big and important buildings: like the school; the huge clock tower that secretly had a huge bomb in the clock for defensive purposes and the tea shop that cosyly sat on the ground floor of the tower.
He showed the market place, the theme park and its grand sign that stood proudly in front. A radio stations in the coner of the town.

The wonders and coursity had captured Alex's attention. She had not notice the dark figure lurking in between the buildings, patient and slient as a shadow.

"Wait, why are the iron bars being taken down?" asked Alex curiosity

"We found a better way to send signals" responded Steve.

"How do-"

"Don't ask how it works, it just does," Steve cutted off Alex. "And this is were I live along with my friends. And not NCP's, I mean actual people"

"What! You just now tell me! I thought the only other people was NCP villagers!" Alex shouted in disbelief at Steve.

"You will meet them, don't worry"

"Hopefully soon. I'm somewhat glad to know we're not the only ones stuck in here. But that means many people have been robbed of their homes and families." she sorrowful spoke. "Sorry to dampen the mood. Thanks for the tour, Steve." A small smile played on her face.

"Don't worry about it. That's why I try to make people feel as conformable as possible. Oh and that reminds me after dinner you can stay at my place." Steve expressed.

"I'll make us dinner as a thank you" trying to show her gratitude.

"Na I'll get my cooks to-"

"Then I will live on the other side of town" Alex left no room for any arguments. It was clear to Steve that she was serious.

"Fine." Amausment and playfulness laced his voice.

They went inside the huge mansion made of wood and sandstone with a huge waterfall flowing out of side and a penthouse on the top. But little did they know that the shadow was on the stone brick clock tower watching their every move.