Chapter 3

Perrie's POV:

"Okay, class, that will be all for today." Mrs. Lovato says, immediately followed by chairs being pushed back and students starting to talk loudly.

I try to make my way out of the classroom as fast as possible, desperately trying to get back to my dorm and sleep. Last night I didn't get much sleep because of a certain fascinating brunette. As I was lying in my bed, I couldn't focus on anything but her. Who is she really? Why am I so intrigued by all of this? Why do I find what she did kind of hot?

Said brunette wasn't even in class today. Of course, I was wondering where she was the whole time and once again failed to focus on what Mrs Lovato was saying.

I make my way out of the building rather quick, staying in front of the stream of students shuffling through the halls. Once outside, I decide to take a shortcut through the park to get to my dorm.

Usually, I would stay in the park for a little while, especially in this weather, but today I'm just way too tired and can already hear my bed calling me.

As I walk through the park, I see Jordan leaning against a tree, smoking. Jordan Stephens is one of the bad boys on campus. He barely goes to class. He's always either high or drunk and has made it his mission to fuck every girl on this campus by the time he graduates.

Just as my face starts turning away from him, I realize he has company. My head shakes at its own accord at the girl being stupid enough to hang out with Jordan. All he does is try to get in girls' pants. I've never once heard him have a meaningful conversation.

My eyes lock with the brown once off the brunette as she puffs out some smoke. I look away as fast as possible and pick u my speed as I walk to my dorm.

What the hell is Jade Thirlwall doing smoking behind a tree in the park with Jordan Stephens? Did she really skip class to get high?

That girl truly is full of surprises.

My mind starts racing again as I keep up my pace. I can already see my building when a hand on my wrist stops me. I know who it is, but nevertheless, I gasp once our eyes meet.

"Hey Perrie, do you want to study together today?" She asks, her voice sweet like honey.

Somehow I feel intimidated by the brunette all of a sudden. Usually, this girl is the cutest and sweetest thing ever. But lately, I'm starting to doubt my image of her. An innocent girl wouldn't be smoking in the park with the university bad boy.

"Uhm, aren't you high?" I ask while nervously looking into her eyes.

Jade chuckles at my words and shakes her head. "I'm not high, Perrie." The way she says my name sounds different all of a sudden. It sounds like she is fascinated by me. Well, Jade, the feeling is mutual.

"You smell like weed, though." I counter quickly, trying to get out of being alone with the brunette.

"Yeah, that's Jordan's fault. I only smoked a cigarette, so don't worry, my English is still on point," The brown-eyed girl says with a wink.

"I didn't know you smoked," I mumble. It's more to myself than her and the brunette doesn't give any indication of hearing my statement.

"So, studying?" She asks, smiling sweetly again.

"I'm actually really tired, Jade. I just want to go back to my dorm and sleep." I keep my eyes closed a little longer after I blink to emphasize my point. After being awake all night thinking about the younger girl, I could use some time without her.

On the other hand, I really want to be with Jade more often. I want to get to know her better. However, she's starting to look like more of a mystery every day. A mystery I would love to solve.