Chapter 19

Perrie's POV:

"Hey Pez, are you free now to hang out? I feel like it's been way too long since we've had a proper friends night." Claud asks as we walk out of our last class of the day. "Jade is going to tutor me right now, but I'll come over afterwards and we can have diner together and watch movies afterwards?"

It's true. We haven't had an uninterrupted night together in ages. "Sounds perfect! Call me when you're ready. I'll meet you at the store then." I nod my head excitedly and hug my friend. "Will do, see you tonight!"

I walk into the library and notice I'm the first one there. Jade didn't have any classes this afternoon, so I expected her to be here before me, but she probably found a way to keep herself busy.

I grab my books and already place them in front of me and start scrolling through my phone. Five minutes later, Jade walks in, looking very relaxed.

She lazily kisses my lips and sits down in front of me. "Hey, babe."

"Hi." I squeak out, but the brunette doesn't really react to it. "What should I do today?" The brunette slowly lifts her eyes up towards me. "Uhm, I wrote some exercises down. Gimme a sec."

The brunette leans down towards her bag and chuckles lightly to herself. "What?" I ask inquisitively. "I just thought of something funny." She says while she comes back up.

"Mind sharing?" The brunette opens up a tiny folded paper and chuckles again. "If you punch yourself and you cry. Does that mean you're strong or weak?" She chuckles again but a bit louder this time. "It's so ridiculous."

An amused smile spreads across my features at Jade's weird train of thought. "Are you high or something?" I ask jokingly. "As a kite." Comes her easy answer.

I look into her eyes and just now notice how red they actually are. She gives me a dopey smile and leans back in her chair, looking completely chill. "Are you serious?" I ask slightly annoyed. I don't even know why I'm so annoyed by it.

"Yeah, Jed and I decided we deserved to chill out a little. Let the mind rest and everything." I roll my eyes slightly at the brunette. "Your mind seems very rested now. Am I strong or weak blablabla." I imitate her voice, making her laugh loudly.

"You're cute when you're annoyed." She mumbles while staring me up and down. That girl is impossible. I can't stay mad at her, though. She seems very happy in this state and she isn't even being annoying at all.

"You're never cute." I shoot back while sticking out my tongue. Jade shakes her head in disapproval and slides the now open paper my way. "You better make your exercises, young lady. Your teacher, aka me, doesn't like it when you don't finish your work."

"You're the one keeping me from my work half of the time." The brown-eyed girl taps the paper in front of me and tries to stop her laugh from overtaking her slight glare. "Strict Ms. Thirlwall has arrived now and she won't let you leave until you finish."

I chuckle slightly at her trying to sound stern while slurring her words. Nevertheless, I listen to her and start making my exercises. Jade leans back in her chair with a smug look on her face.

This time while I'm busy, she doesn't do anything else. She just stares at me the whole time. Occasionally she starts chuckling slightly to herself but quickly shakes her hands and head when I look up, signalling me to just continue.

I can't help but find her so endearing in this state. Her mind seems so calm and full of joy. Is that how she feels inside too, right now? Completely at peace?

I find myself staring at her for a while, trying to figure her mood out. "Well, well, has my student finished all her exercises?" She asks playfully. "Yep," I say proudly.

"Perrie Edwards, was that your first lie to me?" She asks in disbelief. "What!? No!" I say defensively. "It was like my tenth lie or something." The brunette playfully kicks my leg under the table.

"Finish." Another soft kick. "Your." Another one. "Work." This time, I grab her leg between my feet when she tries to kick me. Her eyebrows shoot up at my action slightly and she wiggles her finger in front of my face.

"Are you trying to play footsie with me under the table? You are one inappropriate student right there." The brunette smiles widely at me before falling back into her chair and letting me play with her foot as much as I want.

"Okay, I'll finish for real," I say and finally turn back to my work. I wish I could feel the way Jade feels right now, just for once maybe.

I finish my work in no time and look back up at Jade to find her smiling warmly at me. "What?" I ask, feeling a little self-conscious. "You're also cute when you're focusing."

"I'm so lucky to have you." She continuous groggily. "Life is so good right now." I give her a soft smile and start packing up my stuff. "Okay, enough of that. Let's get your baked ass out of here."

Jade stands up and grabs my hand into hers. "What are you doing now?" "I'm going over to Claudimar to hang out." Her smile falls slightly at that information. "Oh, okay. I'm going to go back to Jed then. He's probably playing video games or something."

I nod at her and just now realize how real their friendship is. I thought it was way more casual than this, but when we weren't seeing each other she posted many stories with him and now she seems to spend a lot of her time with him as well. "Okay, babe. Have fun." I kiss her on the lips and want to walk away but think about something else before I can.

"Hey, can we maybe do it together once?" Her gaze turns very confused and she turns her head to the side slightly, making her look like a puppy. "We do 'it' all the time?" I can't hold in the laugh that bubbles up at her confusion.

"No, I mean can we get high together?" Now realization spreads across her face. "Ohhh, that it." She scans my face slightly before continuing. "Sure, but we're doing it in a safe space, like my dorm. Doing it at a party is out of the question, okay?"

I nod my head and am endeared by her protective side showing. "When do you want to try it?" "Maybe tomorrow?" The brunette tries her best to think straight, but I can imagine that that's not very easy for her right now.

"I have no classes all afternoon, you?" "Same." Her eyes light up slightly. "It's a date." She winks and leans close to hug me.

"Do you know what's really good when you're high?" I shake my head no and I feel her breath on my ear seconds later. "Sex." She breathes out, causing a shiver to run down my spine.

I pull away and look into her lustful eyes. "You'll have to wait until tomorrow for that." I wink and try to walk away, but her grip on my lower arms tightens so I can't leave.

"At least give me a proper goodbye kiss then." She asks cheekily. Of course, I oblige the beautiful girl in front of me and start slowly leaning in.

She clearly isn't very patient and places her hand on the back of my neck to pull me in. Her lips meet mine forcefully, but she does set a slow pace once they're against each other. Once her tongue enters my mouth, my knees go weak.

The brunette seems to notice the effect she has on me and swings her arm around my waist to steady me. Our tongues move against each other slowly and it feels so insanely good.

The feelings I get when just kissing the brown-eyed goddess in front of me should've told me sooner that this is definitely more than friendship.

When breathing becomes an issue, Jade pulls away slowly and pecks my lip a few times before stepping back. "I'll see you tomorrow, beautiful." And then she turns around and walks away.