Chapter 16

Perrie's POV:

"You look great, Pez. Don't worry, I'm sure he will like it." Claudimar encourages me as I'm ready to change my outfit for the thirtieth time today.

Alex and I really hit it off that night at the club and he asked to hang out after it. We decided it should be something casual, so we're just going to grab some dinner at the diner on campus together with Claud, Niall and Leigh-Anne.

Claud and Leigh have started hanging out more and more and I can see why. Leigh is one of the most kind-hearted people I've ever met in my entire life.

"I'm glad you're going out with him, you know. I was scared that you would be sulking over Jade."

I turn around to face Claud and give him a questioning look. "Why would I be sulking over Jade? She's still my friend. We're just not sleeping together anymore."

My best friend's eyebrows shoot up in disbelief. "You were more than just friends and you know it."

"No, we weren't. Besides, I haven't even spoken to her since Monday at the bar, so it's not like things have been awkward." Claudimar starts laughing loudly at that.

"The fact that you guys have been avoiding each other for five days shows exactly how awkward it is between the two of you." "What? No, it doesn't. Jade texted me everything I needed to do for English because she didn't have time to tutor me. She isn't avoiding me and I'm not avoiding her."

Claud shakes his head in amusement and links our arms together before walking out of the room and setting off towards the diner. "You can be so naive. Jade is so obviously avoiding you. You women are so oblivious."

"She isn't! Now stop this, or you're going to get a smack in a minute." Claud mumbles a fuck you but doesn't say anything about Jade anymore.

What he's saying is pure crap. There's no way that Jade is avoiding me. She wouldn't be so immature about it. Besides, if she started avoiding everyone she has ever slept with her life would be a living hell. Okay, maybe Jade hasn't talked to me in four days, but it's not like she had many opportunities to do so. Every time after English class she either rushed out of the room or went to talk to Demi and we haven't seen each other anywhere else.

Before I can start thinking more about it, we arrive at the diner and walk in to find Alex already sitting there. "Hey, Alex." "Hi, Perrie. You look great." He stands up to give me a kiss on the cheek and gives Claud a short hug.

I sit down opposite him while Claud sits down next to me. We start making easy conversation until Leigh arrives and gives the three of us quick hugs before sitting down in front of the brunette.

"Do you guys also have loads of work for school? My professors are handing out assignments like candy on Christmas." I chuckle slightly at her metaphor but can't disagree. The end of the semester is nearing and instead of letting us prepare for our finals, every professor decides to give us more work.

"Yeah, I'm going to spend the next weeks in the library." Claudimar answers. "So, Perrie, how have you been this week?" Alex asks completely ignoring the conversation that's going on.

"I've been good, thanks. How about you?" Alex starts answering, but Leigh's squeal interrupts him making him look quite annoyed by the girl.

"Jade! Hi!" The brunette waves enthusiastically. I turn around to see Jade and Mrs. Lovato walking in together. "Hey, Leigh." She says shyly before hugging the brunette and then turning to the rest of the table. "Hi, everyone."

Her eyes scan the table and when our eyes lock, I shoot her a warm smile which she only returns slightly. Why did she just call us 'everyone' like she only knows me superficially? Mrs. Lovato walks in further and leaves Jade standing with us.