Chapter 5

Perrie's POV:

"Oh my god, Perrieee!" Jade squeals before throwing herself in my arms. My hands instinctively wrap around her waist to keep her standing up.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" The brunette yells way too close to my ear.

Claudimar is giving me a knowing look while Leigh-Anne just looks very confused and a little relieved. I carefully peel Jade's body from mine, making sure she doesn't fall in the process, to look into her glazed eyes.

"How drunk are you exactly?" I question the older girl just to measure up my upcoming struggle with her.

Unexpectedly, a soft hand starts tracing my cheekbone with Jade's eyes following her hand's movements. "You are really pretty" she breathes out in a dreamy state.

My cheeks involuntary redden at her words, but I'm fairly sure that Jade is gone too far to notice. Claud and Leigh-Anne, however, find it very amusing to see the two of us interact.

"Okay, Jade, let's get you home." The brunette steps back, almost falling in the process and looks up at me scared. "But I want to go to your home." She pouts adorably.

"That's what I meant, babe, don't worry." Claud coughs loudly at my slip up, but luckily for me, Jade just grabs my hand and starts walking to the front of the house.

"Hey, Pez, is it okay if I stay back a little longer? There was this really cute guy and..."

"Don't worry about it, Claud, go get your guy! You too, Leigh-Anne, just go enjoy the party." I yell over my shoulder with Jade still pulling me along.

Once we're in the middle of the road, Jade stops and turns around. "Which way?" The brunette is looking up at me with her big, brown, Bambi eyes and I honestly get lost in them for a little bit.

"Uhm, that way," I say, pointing stupidly in the direction of the dorms. How is Jade even not aware of where she lives?

Jade is already pulling me along and strangely enough, she doesn't seem to struggle that much with walking.

"Let's play twenty questions."

"What?" I ask, confused.

"Okay, I'll start," Jade says as she taps her chin deep in thought. "Are you a dog person or a cat person?"

"Definitely dog, but I do like cats also." Jade hums approvingly at my answer as she laces her fingers with mine, sending a shiver through my whole body.

After a few steps, she suddenly stops and turns towards me. Her big brown eyes are looking at me expectantly and a little angry. "It's your turn."

"Aw yeah, right." I try to think of a question, but with Jade so close, it's hard to concentrate and think straight.

"Why are you taking so long? It's only your first question." Jade huffs annoyed while pulling me along again.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry, Miss demanding." The soft chuckle that leaves Jade's lips makes my insides warm up completely.

"So, uhmm, what's your favourite colour?" I ask lamely, but Jade seems satisfied with my question and starts swinging our intertwined hands back and forth.

"My favourite colour used to be pink when I was a little girl. I had everything in pink. Over the years, it changed, though, and now I like black more."

I turn towards the girl and raise my eyebrows at her. "Black, for real?" The brunette shakes her head disapprovingly but keeps walking straight ahead. "It's not your turn to ask a question."