Chapter 15

Perrie's POV:

We are all sitting in Mrs. Lovato's class, but she still isn't here. It's already ten minutes past the usual starting hour and Mrs. Lovato is always, always early.

When I say that we are all sitting here, I mean everyone but Jade. I have no idea where she is. It's not like her to skip class without letting me know, but maybe she just forgot.

After another ten minutes, many students start contemplating going home instead of waiting for Mrs. Lovato to show up. But just then, she walks in together with Jade.

Mrs. Lovato looks the same as always, but Jade honestly looks like a wreck. Her eyes are red and puffy like she has been crying and it looks like she hasn't slept in weeks. I know that she usually doesn't sleep much, but usually, she doesn't look tired because of it.

The brunette sits down at the desk right in front of mine but doesn't bother looking up. There's an uncomfortable feeling in my stomach at the sight of her, but I'll just have to wait until class is over.

"Good morning everyone, I'm very sorry for being late." What is her role in all of this, though? Jade has told me that she knows Demi outside of school, but them coming in together when Jade is looking like that is a whole other level of strange.

The class seems to drag on forever and my attention is only focused on the brunette in front of me. When Mrs. Lovato signals that class is over, I shoot out of my chair and wrap my arms around Jade's body.

"Perrie, please don't." She says in a choked voice. I let go of her and wait patiently until she has composed herself and is ready to leave the classroom. "Hey, why don't we ditch today's classes and go back to one of our dorms to watch Netflix and eat snacks all day long?" I suggest, trying to find anything that will make the brunette a little bit happier.

"I'm not in the mood, Pez. Please, just ... let me be." She tries to walk away, but I stop her from moving. "Jade, you were the one who told me that the word friends in friends with benefits means something to you, so why aren't you letting me in?"

"Maybe I should have thought a little longer about this arrangement." My eyes almost leave their sockets at her words. "What's that supposed to mean?" My voice easily gives away how offended I am.

"It means that I do not want to open up to you, Perrie. So maybe we shouldn't be friends with benefits after all." Her tone is so harsh that I can't believe this is the same person I've spent the last weeks with. The person that was so gentle with me just two days ago.

"Fine." I turn around and walk away from the brown-eyed girl, leaving her there in the hallway. After that, I make my way to the store to get all kinds of food I can eat while I sulk in my dorm.

The rest of the day, I lay in my bed, watching Netflix and stuffing my face with everything I bought. I thought I knew most of Jade's moods and sides, but this one was completely new to me. She has never, ever been harsh towards me before.

A knock at my door shakes me from my thoughts and before I can even blink, the door swings open and Leigh and Claud walk inside. When they see me in my bed, the both of them seem to relax instantly.

"Thank god you are not dead. You didn't show up to any of your classes and didn't answer any texts or calls. You better explain yourself, young lady." Claudimar scolds but hugs me like he always does.

"I switched off my phone, sorry." The two look at me expectantly. Clearly hoping to get more out of me. "Jade was just really weird this morning. She came in late and had clearly been crying. When I asked her about it she got really defensive and broke things off between the two of us."