Chapter 4

Perrie's POV:

"So, does anybody know why this sentence isn't correct?" Mrs Lovato asks the class. Just as I expected, Jade's hand flies into the air seconds after the question.

"Yes, Jade?" How does she do it? She literally looks like the perfect student, but I know that she isn't anything like that outside of the classroom. I've never even seen her study, to be honest.

Sure she is the one that tutors me, but I'm just always working while she is reading or busy on her phone. Doesn't that girl need to study to have such good grades? And how the hell does she know the answer to every question?

Just as I'm about to focus back on Mrs Lovato, she announces that we are free to go and enjoy our weekend. Jade instantly turns around and faces me from her seat in front of me.

"Library?" She asks hopefully. I give her a genuine smile and nod my head while I pack my bag. "Sounds good."

Jade waits for me to finish, and as we're walking out of the classroom, Mrs Lovato calls us. "Girls, I'm glad to see that you two are getting along. I'm sure it will help you a lot, Perrie. But I really think you should try and focus more during my classes. You always seem to be somewhere else with your mind."

I nod my head at the teacher's words and quickly turn around to get out before she can question why I'm always distracted. Since Jade has started tutoring me, figuring her out has become my mind's top priority and it's starting to get in the way of other things.

"Are you okay?" Jade asks as she catches up to me. "You seem a little uncomfortable with Demi's comment." She states while looking at me intently as if she's trying to read my face.

"Demi? Really? Teacher's pet much." Jade chuckles next to me and I can't help the soft smile that spreads across my features. Her laugh is a sound I definitely enjoy.

"We know each other outside of school too."

My eyebrows knit together without turning to look at her. "Ow, so that's how you get such good grades."

Jade doesn't seem to mind my comment and just leads us through the crowded hallways. "So, have you read a chapter of To Kill a Mockingbird?"

My mouth opens to answer her, but just then, Jade's arm sneaks around my waist to pull me close to her body. I gasp loudly and look straight into Jade's eyes as a basketball flies right behind my head.

My cheeks heat up at our closeness, but luckily for me, Jade lets go of me just as fast as she grabbed me. "Thank you," I mutter and start walking towards the library at a fast pace. I need to learn how to control my body around Jade. I'm madly blushing half of the time.

--

"Peeezzzz, we're going out tonight!!" Claud screeches as she walks into my dorm room.

"That's music to my ears, darling," I say in an Australian accent, making the brunette chuckle.

"You coming with us, Ellie?" Claudimar asks my roommate, who's lying on her bed with her laptop on her lap. "No thanks, I have a date with Ian tonight."

Claud nods and walks to my closet to find me an outfit for tonight. He's already completely ready to go out, wearing black leather pants and a tank top.

"Wear this." He says as he throws me an orange tight skirt and an AC/DC shirt. Without even trying to protest, I walk into the bathroom with the clothes. Every time I go out with Claud, he makes me wear revealing clothes because he wants me to 'feel sexy'. Good luck with that, my friend.

Of course, the guy whistles at me when I walk out of the bathroom. "If looks could kill, I would be buried by now." I roll my eyes at how extra Claud is being and grab my purse to get going.