25. Hello

Recap:

All sounds slowly faded into static as if...as if none of it was ever truly there. It felt as if nothing that she had just seen, heard, or experienced was real. Nothing seemed to matter in her mind. It was her own sort of reality. Nothing mattered here... Nothing.
_______________________________________________________________________

"Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn. "
--Mahatma Gandhi
______________________________

The mindless perfect world began to crack slightly. Though that didn't bother me much. At least it didn't until it continued to crack and crack. Pieces of the landscape falling to the ground and shattering like glass below me.

The pieces only creating bigger blank space through the mental world. Spinning around slowly and taking in what was happening...

'My.. It's all breaking...'

Larger pieces of the mind scape began to crack and shatter against the white floors. I could feel myself behind to shake. Feeling as though I was losing strength; I collapsed to my knees.

The air leaving my lungs, from the rapid movements, making it harder to concentrate on the crumbling mind scape.

Piece by piece the once perfect world began to crumble away. Revealing nothing but complete darkness.
.

.

.

Then it became silent....

I slowly lifted my head. Looking at the destruction around me through blurred eyes. My chest tightening in despair as I was surrounded by darkness. The only light coming from the dust like fragments of what was left of the wor- my world. Even then there wasn't enough light to stop the sickening feeling from creeping its way up my back as if slowly brought me into it's intoxicating embrace. Making it feel as though thousands- no billings of judging eyes were glaring straight at me.

Judging every little movement I took. Darkening their glare at each gasp of air.

It was like...like I was drowning. Drowning in the un-said disgust of the eyes. Being pulled deeper into the inky darkness as the light began to fade..

A clicking noise being the only thing there. The clicking reminding me of an old projector. It's clicks becoming louder as light flickered on and off.

Once...

Twice....

And one last time before a dimmed light turned on from behind me. Shining straight through me. Casting brown tented pictures on what was left of the mindscapes walls. The only sound being the invisible projector.

Slowly the Pictures turned into a more realistic scene. An all Too familiar scene...
.

.

.

Hands lightly lay above closed eyes. Smaller hands came up to tap them. Once.