26. Petrichor (short chapter)

°

Recap:

Almost nobody. Though the one person who did notice kept it to themselves and smiled through their silence instead. Finding the caring actions of their friend sweet.

______________________________________________________________________

"There are many ways to share what you are too afraid to say out loud. Whether it be art or poetry. Perhaps writing or singing. It doesn't really matter. What matters is you are able to tell others what was once impossible."
--Amory B. Boreman

"Betray a friend, and you'll often find you have ruined yourself."
--Aesop
______________________________
_________________________________________

The cold rains carried on as the group had carelessly continued on their way back to the place they had began to consider home.
A conversation picking up between the two youngest of the group and George, while the others just listened to the three bicker back and fourth. The conversation not bother the group on bit.

Though it did seem to bother a few people in which they'd pass by. Some probably thought they were being to loud. Others most likely took something out of context causing them to look at the group with such odd looks. Even with such reactions, their conversations didn't stop. The topics changed multiple times along with someone, other than Wilbur, would join in.

Y/n, though she remained quiet, had found themself enjoying the continuous bickering. Calmly walking, with a slight limp from her previous injuries, ahead of the group with Tommy following close by as to make sure he stays under the umbrella. To which Y/n picked up on quickly and began to walk at a slower place so the gremlin wouldn't trip over himself when trying to keep up with her.

As time past, the rain began to slow until it came to a complete stop. Making it feel as though the world, around the artist, had become silent.

Not an eerie silence but a peaceful one.

°

Y/N POV:

The scenery changed from the crowded London roads to the comforting fields of home. The passing homes just as lively as they were yesterday. Even when it rains this place has some of the most livley people.

Rain never really bothered anyone here. It only added to our day whenever the sky would turn gray and finally let go of everything that had once weighed it down. Practically giving back what it had borrowed.
We would either go outside to join the dark sky's or sit by our windows and enjoy the calming taps of the music the sky would make. There are even times when someone will have little get-togethers or a Water War on the roads.

Always lively.

"Techno, why aren't you bothered by the rain? " Tommy's voice rang out. Ending whatever conversation they had originally been talking about. "I mean,
Y/n doesn't seem bothered by it either but they at least have an umbrella. "

"Sometimes Mr. louis, the blonde down the road, throws parties specifically when it rains. So whenever Y/N is working late, I usually go over and talk with Oliver or Jaz. " Techno answered; from somewhere farther back in or group. "So I basically stand in the rain talk, eat, and run away from anyone holding a water balloon all while it's raining."

A smile picking back up across my face as I listened to the two banter. Glad to know that Techno has been trying to be more social with everyone here.

"I usually don't use an umbrella Tommy. I only decided to use one today so I can say I told you so. Besides, rain doesn't bother me unless it gets in my eyes." I joined in causing his attention to shift back towards me. There was a slight silence on Tommy's part. I could practically feel the storm of oncoming questions that were bound to be asked by the young blonde.

He was definitely being cautious with what he asks me, that was obvious...

"Go ahead Tommy."

"Really!? "

"Of course. I have no problem with answering any of your questions and if I don't wish to answer a question I'll just say 'next'. Besides, you've known me for less than half a year, you have every right to want to ask things. " I encouraged. Glancing over to him through my mask. Though my attention quickly shift away when I felt the small movement of the sleeping pup that was hidden under my jacket.

"Do you wear masks and blindfolds because of your eyes or... "

"Easy. I do wear them because of my eyes but also because there are times when I can't... Uhm. I-I wear blindfolds to hide my eyes and to keep the sun from hitting them." Silence again. A lump began to form in my throat at the silence came back again. "Next question.. "

".. OH! Jschlatt or Logan Paul? "

I snort slightly at his way of breaking silence. "Well I think this one's obvious, Jschlatt. I will gladly pick him over the narcissistic pug any day. "

________________________________________________________________________