Chapter 4: Forgotten Immortals Return to the Mortal World With Ancient Charms

Wei Wuxian cheered loudly as he gently lowered the finished hair tie onto the table beside the tassel and ribbon. He had decided to make charms for Gu Xiang and Wen Kexing's new friend as well when he nearly finished the tassel, so it took him longer than wanted. He grinned and carefully placed them into their own individual pouch before he left the shack he had designated as his workshop.

"Lan Zhan! A-Yuan!" he exclaimed in surprise as he opened the door.

Lan Wangji was sitting on the bench in front of his shack with Lan Sizhui beside him.

Their conversation was cut short when Wei Wuxian called, both of them turning to look at him with a smile.

"It's finished?" Lan Wangji asked.

Wei Wuxian nodded, proudly showing the three pouches he held.

Lan Sizhui stood and approached Wei Wuxian with barely concealed excitement. "Mother, is it alright if I see it?"

Wei Wuxian smiled. "Of course, A-Yuan." He handed the three pouches to him.

Lan Sizhui released a breath of amazement as he looked inside each of them. "Wow, they're all so beautiful. Your craftsmanship is still really amazing, mother. I wonder when I'll be able to create charms such as these."

"It won't be long now, A-Yuan. The charms and songs you create are all very beautiful." Wei Wuxian pouted. "You don't even ask me to make you any charms anymore. It makes me lonely. But it also shows how much you've improved throughout the years."

Lan Sizhu smiled. "Then should I ask mother to make me a charm?"

Wei Wuxian laughed. "Of course! What should I make for you? How about a belt? Or new set of robes? Ah, but Lan Zhan's still better at sewing than me. Maybe a hairpin." He looked at Lan Sizhui. "What would you like, A-Yuan?"

"A new set of robes sounds nice, especially if mother and father work together to make it for me." Lan Sizhui smiled, blush lightly dusting his cheeks. "If that's alright."

"Of course it is!" Wei Wuxian looked at Lan Wangji. "Should we begin making it once we return after visiting A-Xing, Lan Zhan?"

Lan Wangji nodded. "Mn."

"You're going to visit A-Xing?" Lan Sizhui questioned as he gently grabbed Wei Wuxian's sleeves. "Then, can I come too? I quite miss him. It's been a while, after all. Please? I've already finished everything that I have to do."

Wei Wuxian smiled. "Of course. How about you prepare for the journey while I bathe? I've stayed within the shack longer than I would like, so I feel very greasy and my hair—" He grabbed a handful of his hair and grimaced. "Ugh, it's all tangled. Lan Zhan, help me comb my hair."

"Mn."

"I want to help too!" Lan Sizhui added.

Wei Wuxian laughed. "Let me guess, you want to braid my hair again? Did Jiang Cheng refuse to be your doll? Or perhaps, he taught you another hairstyle? He's quite interested in those. Always wanting to look pretty even when he's still single."

"It's called looking presentable! What nonsense are you spouting?!" Jiang Wanyin raged, having passed the area by coincidence.

Wei Wuxian crossed his arms. "Why do you always keep appearing at the worst time? It's like you're drawn to chaos. Actually, why is Lan Zhan the one who got that title but not you?"

"Because unlike him, my sole concern is A-Ling! I don't care what happens to those small sects. All they do is get in the way anyway. Always having the delusion that they could compete with everyone else. Idiotic!"