Chapter Nine

"Movie night."
"Movie night?"
"Movie night."
I was sitting in the chair next to my bed with Gracen laying on it. She was talking about this idea she has of having a movie night.
She wanted to invite Scott, Stiles and Liam. I didn't think it was good idea to invite Liam, seeing as Scott was there, but then I realized that if Liam wanted to be my friend, he'd have to deal with Scott.
"Why do you want to do a movie night anyway?" I asked.
"Cause it sounds fun." She said, shrugging her shoulders.
"I've been meaning to ask you, how did you get to the woods so quickly that night?"
Gracen started laughing. "Let's say that how fast you thought Stiles's car could go, I made it go faster."
"You drove?" I screamed. "You failed your test five times, and you think it's a good idea to drive?"
"Well you said I needed to come quickly so I drove really fast."
"You could have crashed, of you could have caught by the police."
"Relax Amarra. Nothing like that happened. So can you please forget about it?"
"Okay. I'm still very disappointed in you."
"Whatever. Moms not going to be home tonight so we can watch the movie here." Gracen said.
I sighed. "What movie are we gonna watch?"
"That's up to you. Ever sense our 'movie nights' when we were little, you haven't let me pick a movie."
"Well that's your own fault for lying on the floor crying."
"Just pick a movie and I'll call up Scott, Stiles and Liam." Gracen said, pulling her phone out.
I thought about it for a second. I didn't really know any movies that Gracen liked. I liked horror and romance. She likes Harry Potter. I like adventure. She likes Harry Potter. We did go see this movie last year that she seemed to like.
I guess we'll watch that.
Gracen hung up her phone and said "Scott's at Stiles's house. So they're coming over in like five minutes. And I don't like Liam so you call him." She handed me her phone.
I rolled my eyes and dialed Liam's number. He picked up instantly. "Hey Amarra."
"Hi. Gracen and I are doing a movie night. Wanna come?" I said.
"Is Scott going to be there?"
"Well, of course he-"
"I'm not coming."
"Why not?"
"Cause I don't wanna be there if Scott will be."
"Look, if you want to be friends, you're going to have to deal with Scott being there with me." I said.
There was silence for a second and then Liam said, "Fine I'll come. What movie are we watching?"
"Jupiter Ascending." I said.
"Really?" Gracen said. "I like that movie!"
"I'll be there in twenty." Liam said and he hung up the phone.
I gave the phone back to Gracen. She seemed really happy.
"This is awesome. One of my ideas actually happened."
I smiled at Gracen. I was happy too.

Around five minutes later, the door bell to our house rang. I took a deep breath, crossed my fingers and fallowed Gracen downstairs.
I wanted this night to perfect.

But perfect was sometimes impossible.