Chapter Twenty

(Scott's POV)

We all went back to Amarra's house after being at the hospital for an hour.
Stiles and Gracen were going to sleep on the couch, because Gracen, for some reason didn't want to be in her room. Amarra and I were going to sleep in Amarra's room.
"Are you sure you can sleep tonight?" Amara asked Gracen.
"Yah. I mean, I'll have someone with me." She said, glancing at Stiles.
"I'll be upstairs if you need me." Amarra said, hugging Gracen. I could tell that she really loved her. That she really cared for her.
"Come on Scott." Amarra said, taking my hand and bringing me upstairs to her room.
"How are out doing?" I asked.
"Not good. I'm mostly angry at Peter for killing her. But I'm scared for Gracen. She can't handle stuff like this." Amarra said.
"Come here." I said, bringing her into a hug.
"Do you mind if I hang out with Liam tomarrow?" She asked.
"No. Of course not." I said, but in truth, I did mind. It's hard not to when the person you're in love with is hanging out with someone who's in love with them.
"Thanks." She said. Breaking out of the hug.
She had a price of hair failing forward. I tucked it behind her ear. She smiled as my fingers brushed against her skin.
"This is really stupid, but I'm scared. I'm scared that something bad is going to happen and something bad will happen. I'm scared that I'll get hurt or you will or Gracen or Stiles will. I don't want anyone to die. I can't lose anyone else." Amarra said.
"That's not stupid." I said. "I worry about that a the time."
"I love you." She said.
"I love you too." I said.
She leaned in and started kissing me. I pulled her closer. It was several minutes before we broke apart.
"I'm tired." She whispered.
"Me too." I said.
Amarra got up and climbed into her bed, as did I. I rapped my arms around her and slowly let sleep come over me.

••••••••••

The next day, Amarra and I woke up early.
"Morning." I said to her.
"Morning." She said back, smiling.
"Can I have a kiss?" I asked.
"Nope. I have horrible morning breath." She said.
I laughed. "No you don't." I leaned in and kissed her for a second.
She got out of bed and went downstairs, with me on her heels.
When we got downstairs, we saw Stiles and Gracen on the couch. Stiles had Gracen pulled up close to his chest. He had his arm around her and she had part of his t-shirt in her fist. As if she was clenching it. I could tell she was having a bad dream. Stiles seemed like he had kissed the top of her head when he fell asleep, because his lips were on top of Gracen's head.
"They're adorable together." Amarra said.
"I know." I said, putting an arm around her waist and kissing her check.
"I'm hungry." She said. Leading me into the kitchen.
"What do you have to eat?" I asked, sitting at her kitchen table.
"Stale Cheerios, Fruity Peebles and plane bagels." Amarra asked.
"Fruity Peebles." I said.
"You know how when you wake up and your really have to piss, why don't I feel like that?"
"Because you got up to piss like five times last night."
"Well, someone's been counting."
"You keept waking me up."
"Sorry babe."
Gracen and Stiles walked into the kitchen, talking about nonssece like they always do.
"Morning, how'd you sleep?" Amarra asked, pouring her cereal.
"I slept pretty good but Gracen kept waking up and screaming." Stiles said, sitting next to me.
"Sorry." Gracen said.
"No, I'm not blaming you, I'm just saying, you have nightmares a little to much."
"Well then."
"Oh come here." Stiles said, kissing her.
"Wow, PDOA." I said.
"Liam's here." Amarra said.
I rolled my eyes as she opened the door to let Liam in.
I really hates that guy.