Chapter Nineteen

(Scott's POV)

"Can you call Gracen? Put it on speaker." Amarra said, starting the car. She was crying, but holding the sobs back.
I dialed Gracen's number and put it on speaker.
It rang three times before Gracen answered.
"Hey babe." She said.
"Gracen," Amarra said, shakily.
"What? What happened? Did Scott break your heart? Because if he did I will rip-"
"Gracen!" She said firmly.
"What?" Gracen said, again.
"Moms dead."
Everything went quite. Dead silence was coming from the other end of the phone.
"Gracen?" I asked.
"No. No she's not. Stop. Stop lying." Gracen said.
"I'm not lying." Amarra said, starting to cry harder.
"It's not funny! STOP!" Gracen yelled.
"Listen to me, she's dead. I'm not lying, I'm not kidding." Amarra said, starting to sob.
"Gracen, look at me! Stop, breath." Stiles said through the phone.
"What's happening?" Amarra said.
"She's not breathing." Stiles said.
"Like, is she having a panic attack?" I asked.
"No, she's just sitting here, not breathing."
"Gracen," Amarra said. "Stop thinking about Joesete."
"Who?" Stiles and I asked.
"Just, stop thinking about Josette I don't want to go through what happened again." Amarra said.
"I can't stop thinking about her." Gracen said quietly.
"Stiles, start the car, Gracen, I'll see you at the hospital. Stiles, make sure she keeps breathing." Amarra said, and hanging up the phone.
"Who's Josette?" I asked.
Amarra took a deep breath, and said "When we lived in Minnesota, before we moved here, Gracen had a best friend. Her name was Josette O'Leary. She was killed in plane crash. When Gracen was younger, when she didn't get what she wanted, she would hold her breath. When someone dies, Gracen acts like a child. So she held her breath, saying that she would breath when Josette came back. Mom and I tried everything to make her breathe, but she would'd. She passed out and we had to take her to the hospital. I was worried sick about her, I thought she would die. Three months later, our grandmother died. Gracen did the same thing. She can't handle deaths. It gives her nightmares and she can't sleep when she finds out someone dies. It's one of her biggest fears. I was extremely lucky I got her to breathe then."
"Oh, I feel bad about her friend." I said.
"It's okay, she just, needs to get over her fear."
"Is she afraid of dying?"
"No, she's afraid of people dying. She's afraid of living in a world without someone. When Joesete dies, she had dreams about me being dead. She used to come into my room and tell me about them. They were brutal dreams too. Very gruesome, disturbing dreams."
"Oh," I said, looking at Amarra. "I can tell you that you won't die any time soon."
I then took her hand.

We got to the hospital five minutes later. When we got there, Stiles and Gracen were already there. We were aloud to see the body before they moved it.
Amarra, Stiles, Gracen and I walked into the hospital room, Gracen started screaming. Not like, a horror scream, more like a crying scream. Stiles hugged her tightly and kissed the top of her head.
Amarra kneeled by her mothers bed and started to cry. I rapped my hands around her waist and kissed her check.
"It's gonna be okay." I wisperd.
She smiled at me, and said "I know."