Prologue: "How Times Have Changed."

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Shattered Sins – By Rei Takeshi

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Prologue: "How Times Have Changed."

Quiet, just the way he liked it. Almost silent apart from the sounds of cups clinking together and the near-silent mechanical noise from the coffee machine. Opening the mini fridge from behind the counter he finds a carton of milk. Bringing it up to behind the counter he takes the coffee from the machine and adds milk. The steam rises into the air, the aura of calmness around him. Taking the coffee, he walks over to a table and sits down. He takes off his black leather gloves and picks up the cup, feeling the warmth in his hands. Music plays in the background, "I've got you under my skin" by Frank Sinatra out of the speakers in the ceiling. Taking a sip he smiles, proud of his creation. His dark purple eyes look up towards the window, rain pouring down. The door opens, and a loud bell rings throughout the store. He turns his head, there she is Sakuzawa Yasumi. She walks over to his table, blood dripping from every cut on her body. She sits down, staying on guard. Yasumi sits opposite him.

"Rei..." Yasumi whispers from under her breath.

"Does it remind you of when we opened this place? Do you remember how amazing it felt? That cold day, rain pouring as we gave that old man the money. He smiled as we took that store off his hands, he finally got to go out and see the world. We became the owners of that café." Rei looked back towards Sakuzawa.

"Yeah, of course, I do." She starts to tear up.

"How times have changed..." He smiles towards her, his eyes flash a bright purple and he clicks his left hand's fingers.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////