Chapter 4: "Tears don't make you weak."

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Chapter 4: "Tears don't make you weak."

The cold brisk air went in and out of Rei's lungs like a knife. Sharp but refreshing, the early morning jog was one of Rei's favourite ways to start a day off. Looking down at his watch the time was 5:30am. Last nights events ran circles through his head, it was such a great start to the year. He had found his friend group for the rest of his academy years.

The academy had about everything a student would need. It was a whole town shoved into a school. There were shops, skateparks, bars, cafes and about everything else you could possibly find in a city. The school also gave you an opportunity to open a business if you wanted to.

He ran up and down the beach, it was around about 1.5km each way. It was his 10th time running up and down. The beach calmed him under the early sun's orange light. Being alone helped Rei figure out his life, from problems to people. He loved being alone, but he also loved being with people. The sound of the ocean crashing against the shore was calming and delightful.

Rei noticed a figure sitting alone on the beach about 500 meters away from him, it looked like they hadn't noticed him. Their orange hair flowed in the wind, reflecting the sun's light. As Rei grew closer the figure looked up wiping tears away.

"Hey you ok?" Rei asked the figure stopping in front of them.

"Yeah, just trying to solve problems I can't figure out." A cute girl looked up to him, she had silver eyes and was rather small. She was wearing full military fatigues.

"Would you like some help?" Rei asked.

"As much as I do, I don't think I can take any." She explains, inviting Rei to sit with her.

"Well if no one finds out I helped, how would they know?" Rei smiles sitting next to her.

"The sun is beautiful at this time of morning, isn't it?" She smiled back towards him.

"Yes, the orange is very reassuring. It tells me to look forward to the day, no matter what it brings." Rei looked off into the orange glow.

"Say there was something bigger then you, a force that shouldn't be reckoned with. Say you knew that they were going to do something horrible. But if you tried to stop it, you would be hurt really badly. What would you do?" The girl asked Rei.

"Well, I'd try to stop it. No matter the pain, the suffering. If it was going to hurt others, I'd put myself in the way. But if the force was so strong it couldn't be stopped even with my sacrifice. I'd make sure I could get as many people away from the pain it would cause. Warn them, tell them that they need to leave and be safe. Just because a force appears stronger, doesn't mean it doesn't have weaknesses." Rei smiled starring off into the distance.

"This is why she will choose you." The girl whispered under her breath.

"What was that?" Rei couldn't quite hear the girl.

"Oh I said, that I'm not strong enough to do that." The girl looked up in tears.

"Yes you are, look at you right now." Rei pointed at her tears.

"I'm crying, that's weak." The girl said.

"No, it's the opposite. See instead of hiding your emotions away, you're fighting them head on. How strong is that?" Rei rubbed the girls shoulder.

"You're an amazing person." The girl's head fell onto Rei's shoulder.

"Not really." Rei said.

"Yes really.. but do you mind if I stay here for a little longer?" The girl looked up, her tears falling onto the soft sand.

"Sure you can." Rei smiled wrapping an arm around her. The pair sat in silence watching the sun rise above the water on the horizon. Not another word was said, just silence. The girls small and cute snuffles were heard every now and then but that was it. The girl looked at her watch.

"Shoot, I've gotta go." She stood up quickly.

"Hey, what's your name?" Rei asked politely as she started to run off.

"Misuchi. Misuchi Kiyomori." She smiled and ran off, away into the distance. Rei turned back to the water, looking at the sun that had almost fully risen.

"Right, best get ready for school." He smiled to himself, getting up and running back towards him apartment.

" He smiled to himself, getting up and running back towards him apartment

(^Rei On The Beach^)

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Hey everyone!

Sorry I know this was a really short chapter, but the chapter itself was kind of stand alone and didn't fit into the next one. Please I hope you can understand why it's a stand alone, considering this chapter is very important to the plot moving forward into the story.

Thanks for reading the story! Don't forget to rate and comment your opinions down below! It means a lot :)

-Rei

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////