Chapter 1: The Subtle Spring Of Tokyo

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Chapter 1: The Subtle Spring Of Tokyo

PART 1;

The 21st of March, 2030. The spring blossoms lined the streets of Tokyo, it was beautiful. Rei Takeshi, a 16-year-old exchange student had just arrived off a plane from Australia. His dark brown hair and bright blue eyes stood out quite a lot compared to the rest of Japan. He was rather fit being the former straight A, athlete, and popular boy from his former school. He was an MMA champ and 18 championship winner. After the end of grade 9, he was invited to join the best of the best students in the Haistu Grand Academy. Seeing this as a travel opportunity he jumped on the offer, saying goodbye to family and friends. Getting on the next plane to Tokyo, he got there 2 days before the first school day started.

"Well, it certainly is overpopulated," Rei said to himself, leaving the airport and walking down one of the many streets. Lined with shops, restaurants and many other places and things. The bright lights, busy streets and classic nature amazed him. The residents paid no attention to the stranded teenager, apart from those who did. His "strange" outfit confused most of them. Rei was wearing the school uniform already. Since the academy was in its first year of opening, no one recognised the outfit. Plus the fact that the school semester hadn't even started yet.

It had been hours. Rei still hadn't found where the school was, eventually he gave up and found a small hotel to stay in. The people were kind, and must not get much business. "Yasumi Inn." It was small, they had a few apartments in a row and hired them out to people. Rei thanked them unconditionally and paid, walking through the small alley into his room. It was small, tight and compact. Had a bathroom, a closet, a bed and a small tv.

"It'll do." Rei sighed and plopped himself down on the bed. Looking over at some clothes he purchased, he took off his uniform and put on some daggy clothes. Laying back on the bed he fell to sleep.

The sound of yelling woke Rei up abruptly, he looked over to the clock on the bedside table. It showed 3:45 am.

"What the hell?" He stood up out of the bed and walked to the door. Opening it silently he snuck out. Looking to his left, he followed the sound of arguing. He came to an apartment door, the door kicked off its hinges. Rei stood by the side of the door, pulling out his phone and turning the camera on. Sliding it into his pocket so it could see what happened.

"Stupid fucking bitch!" The sound of a slap echoed through the dimly lit apartment. Rei snuck through the door, broken glass and wood scattered around the floor.

"You shouldn't have left me!" Another slap echoed through the room, followed by a body being picked up and thrown back down. Rei turned down the hallway, peeking into the room. He saw a girl around his age laying down on the ground barely conscious, blood spilling everywhere. A figure stood above her, looking down in a violent rage.

"How dare you move to the stupid academy, leaving me behind in hell!" The figure picked the girl up by the throat, clenching harder and harder. Rei ran from around the corner, spear-tackling the figure.

"Ah-!" The figure grunted letting go of the girl and falling onto the ground.

"Stay down dipshit," Rei said asserting authority.

"Who the fuck are you?" The figure grunted, underneath Rei.

"Why would I tell you that?" Rei asked.

"So I know who I'm about to kill." The figure got the power together to throw Rei off him. The people who owned the inn came running into the room. Rei got flung into a glass table, shattering it underneath him. Blood started spilling onto the ground.

(Girl's view)

The boy's blood had sprayed all over the floor, he had been cut pretty deep. She could barely see anything, her vision was slowly fading. Her mum and dad came running into the room

"Oh my lord, mister are you ok?" Her mother asked. The boy pulled himself out of the table.

"Yes, I'm fine just save her!" The boy yelled and ran at Ike, the guy that had nearly killed me. My ex-boyfriend. Ike wasn't ready for the boy, he was too fast for him. Ike threw a swing, the boy dodged it easily throwing a punch under his arm and straight into his rib. It echoed loudly through the room. Ike stumbled back, the boy proceeded to punch Ike. The boy was so fast, she couldn't keep track of his movements. It felt like hours, but in reality, it was a few seconds. The boy had knocked Ike out, he ran over to the girl.

"Can you call an ambulance?" The boy asked her mother.

"Already done. Thank you for this." Her mother thanked him unconditionally.

"It's ok, do you mind if I move her from the broken glass?" He asked walking over to the girl.

"Yeah sure, move her out to the car park, I'll lay out some blankets." Her mother ran out in tears.

"Hey, are you conscious?" He asked the girl smiling.

"Yeah... just..." she whispered to him, barely awake.

"Ok, what's your name?" He picked her up, easily but carefully. Making sure not to put any pressure on her wounds.

"Sakuzawa... Yasumi..." Yasumi whispered, just holding on to her consciousness.

"Beautiful name, I'm Rei. Rei Takeshi." Rei smiled carrying Yasumi out of the room. Looking up at her saviour she passed out.

(Rei's View)

Yasumi fell limp in his arms. He carried her out to the blankets the owner had left, Rei guessed it was her mother, they looked alike. Placing her down carefully, he turned his focus to his wounds. There was a massive gash across his side, he hadn't realised how much it hurt until he focused on it. Keeping calm he turned towards the bright flashing lights and loud siren coming into the car park. They asked a few questions and took Sakuzawa off in the ambulance, sending another one for Rei. He sat on a bench waiting for about 10 minutes before the other ambulance turned up. Walking over to it he got up into the back, laying on the ambulance bed and finally passed out.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////