Chapter 5: "Defy The Hierarchy."

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Chapter 5: "Defy The Hierarchy."

Hard knocking on the door woke Sakuzawa up.

"Sakuzawa! Baisho! Rei's got breakfast for us! Get up!" Tokuma's voice echoed throughout the whole apartment block.

"I'm coming! Just let me shower first." Sakuzawa jumped out of bed running to the bathroom.

"Just hurry up before it gets cold!" Tokuma yelled back, her footsteps falling silent after she disappeared into her dorm.

The warm water woke Sakuzawa up. She couldn't believe it, her first class at Haitsu academy was just an hour away. She was hoping that she would end up in the same class as Tokuma, Baisho and Rei. Without them, she would be completely and utterly alone. Sakuzawa hated being alone, she didn't think anything good could come from it.

Finishing her shower, she puts the tight fitting uniform on and rushes out the door. Without looking she slams open the door to Rei and Tokuma's apartment, slamming straight into Rei's chest.

"Whoa, watch where you're sprinting Yasumi." Rei laughs, Sakuzawa takes her head out of Rei's chest.

"Sorry, I just got a little bit excited." She giggles and runs over to the table. Where she finds an already seated Baisho and Tokuma with an egg and bacon muffin on a plate.

"That ones yours Sakuzawa. Hurry though we've got 20 minutes until class." Tokuma says. Sakuzawa sits down at the table and starts snacking away.

"Don't eat too quickly, the egg will spray out and ruin your shirt." Rei walks over and joins them at the table.

"How do we know what class we're in anyway?" Sakuzawa asked, before digging into her egg and bacon muffin.

"They said it would be released on the same page we found our entrance results." Rei explained, scrolling through the news on his phone.

"I'm in class B-1." Tokuma called over the table.

"Same here." Baisho joined in.

"I'll have a look." Sakuzawa said pulling out her phone.

"How do the classes work anyway?" Tokuma turned to Rei.

"What I've heard they all depend on the popularity and entrance results of a student. For example A-1 would be the highest ranking class. Then A-2, A-3 and A-4. Then it moves down to B-1, then C and so on until E." Rei tried his best to explain it.

"Can you move classes?" Baisho asked.

"Yes. By getting good grades or becoming more popular." Rei said.

"Wait so what class are you in?" Tokuma asked.

"Well after my score and yesterday's stunt. A-1." Rei sighed.

"So you just got the shortcut up to the top." Baisho rolled his eyes.

"Yeah but if Sakuzawa is also in B-1, I'll just join that class." Rei said.

"Can you even do that?" Tokuma asked.

"Probably not." Rei laughed.

"Then how are you?-" Sakuzawa was cut off.

"Simple, become unpopular." Tokuma called over the table.

"How though, that's really difficult." Sakuzawa questioned herself.

"Especially with your looks, charms and grades." Baisho called over sarcastically.

"No, I just defy the hierarchy." Rei smiled.