junkie jerk

Sakiko and Nanami soon found themselves asleep in the church van that T-Dog had been driving around- originally helping elderly get where they needed to be in the hectic nature they were thrown into. A few other adults lingered around outside, wondering when or if the military was going to come up and explain what had happened the night before.

As Sakiko woke up the next morning, she's caught off guard by the jacket around her before noticing Glenn sitting in the passenger seat ahead of her in the long seat.

"Oh, hey," Glenn smiles, "You're up. Daryl is right outside, his brother is here now if you're ready to see him. I'm sure you were worried."

Sakiko nods, but doesn't move. When she realizes her actions, she gives a soft 'okay' but insists that she feels better laying down in the seat. It wasn't a lie, she felt exhausted after the past couple days and was feeling at a slight ease in the van with Glenn's watchful eyes on guard and Nanami's snoring in the seat behind her. Especially with the knowledge of Merle Dixon being just outside the vehicle.

Eventually, Nanami woke up, Glenn quickly explaining the same to him. Just minutes afterward, Daryl opens up the church bus door, nodding to Glenn before stepping aside.

"C'mon," Daryl motions for the kids.

"Where are we going?" Sakiko asks, suspicious of the look in his eyes.

"We're following behind the others here," Daryl answers, spanning his arm across to the other people that were gathered.

"What do you mean?" Nanami asks, "What's going on?"

Daryl sighs, looking more stressed and troubled ever since Merle had arrived.

"Hey," a new man greets, stepping over, "Y'all good?"

The twins glance to Daryl, then to the man and nod almost in sync.

"My name is Officer Shane Walsh," he greets, "We're gonna get all y'all somewhere better off."

"Officer?" Nanami asks, panicking as he looks to Daryl.

The twins could only think the worst, or at least what they thought was worst. Daryl had handed them over. They were going to follow this cop into his vehicle and he was going to bring them to a house that would get them into another house. The government adoption system that terrified them so much.

Sakiko jumps out of the van, scowling to Daryl as Nanami follows her out. Shane opens his arms to place a hand on either twins' back, ushering them over to another vehicle. But, their thoughts are diminished as Shane leads them to the vehicle, only to see a woman and boy around their age.

"Kids, this is Lori and Carl. They'll be our travel buddies, too," Shane introduces.

Lori forces away the previous stressed look on her face, stepping closer to the twins, "Hi, it's nice to meet you two. You must be exhausted, why don't you come on and sit down with Carl?"

Sakiko doesn't say a word as she climbs into the vehicle, crossing her arms and glaring to the floorboard. Nanami gives the woman a nod of the head and follows his sister. Shane and Lori get into the car, Shane driving as Lori gets in the passenger side.

Sakiko scrunches her face in anger at the familiar sound of Daryl's truck starting up, stomping her foot on the floor that makes Lori look back in concern.

"Kiko-"

"We should've went on our own," Sakiko cuts Nanami off, "I should've known that junkie jerk would do this to us."

Though their words were hushed, Shane could make out the word 'junkie'. Call it police intuition, but he felt that feeling in his stomach even though he knew they had bigger problems than a couple drug addicts on their hands.

 Call it police intuition, but he felt that feeling in his stomach even though he knew they had bigger problems than a couple drug addicts on their hands

𝒶𝓊𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓇 𝓇𝒶𝓂𝒷𝓁𝑒𝓈--

hi this is v short :')