preperations

"You look mad today," Sakiko notices, "I mean, you always look like someone is always bullying you, but you look really mad today."

Daryl scoffs, shaking his head as he continues cleaning his arrows, "Ain't nothin'."

"'Ain't nothin'," Sakiko mimics in a low voice, "Men aren't supposed to have feelings, I get it. Sorry for being a wonderful friend who cares about your well being."

"Kiko, 'wonderful friends' don't annoy you so much that you want to jump off that cliff over there," Nanami points to the rocks.

"How would you know? You don't have friends."

"I've had more friends than you," Nanami fires back.

Sakiko sticks her tongue out only for Daryl to steer a skinned rabbit near her. She squeals in disgust, jumping away and tumbling off the log she was sitting on.

"Y'all keep arguing my ears off, I'm gonna leave this in your sleeping bags," Daryl warns, holding the pelt up for them to see.

"That's morbid," Sakiko accuses, standing up and dusting the dirt off her jeans.

"Ooh, smart word coming from you," Nanami awes.

Sakiko doesn't say anything, looking to Daryl expectantly. Daryl looks back to her, setting his arrow on his lap.

"What?" he asks her.

"Oh, so I get thumper's skin in my face but he doesn't get anything?" she asks, placing her hands on her hips as she sneers to both of them, "That's sexist."

"Can you stop pulling the minority card already?" Nanami complains.

"I will not until I get treated the same as you," she argues.

Daryl picks up the pelt again and Sakiko takes hurried backwards steps with her arms in front of her. The two stare each other down, Sakiko glancing to the skin like it would come back to life and attack her.

"Relax, animals aren't the same as the geeks. They don't come back," Nanami assures.

"Geeks?" Daryl repeats.

"Glenn's been calling those 'things' geeks. He said it's like some video game out there on runs and T-Dog called him a 'geek' for knowing it. It's stuck since then," Nanami explains.

"Glenn said it?" Sakiko questions.

"Where'd you hear that one from?" Daryl asks, ignoring Sakiko.

"Overheard them the other night," Nanami shrugs, "I pick up on things like that. Since Kiko started stealing from the teachers, I became her lookout."

"Great. So, I got a thief and a snoop," Daryl huffs.

"Snoop?" Nanami repeats, "That has to be the funniest word I've heard you say."

"He didn't mean it in a nice way, Nana," Sakiko reminds.

"But, it sounded funny," Nanami hums.

Daryl shakes his head, returning to cleaning his arrows. Though, he couldn't help but wonder if Merle's plan would also hurt the kids even though Daryl himself was trying to help them.

"Y'all close to the people here? Like it here?" he asks.

"Kiko has a crush on Glenn," Nanami exposes.

"I do not!" Sakiko hisses, "He's lying."

"She watches him unload the supplies every time he gets back," Nanami whispers as though he were letting Daryl in on a secret, though he spoke loud enough for Sakiko to hear.