lessons

This wasn't right. 

This wasn't right and Nanami knew it.

"It's gonna be all right, son," Merle comments, laying low in the grass.

Lie. It was a lie and this was far from being all right.

Nanami holds onto his gun tighter, looking to the soldiers through his scope.

They were standing around talking- some looking stressed. They probably were wondering where their men were- the ones in the helicopter.

The ones that didn't make it- save for the single man that was still in Woodbury's doctor office.

Nanami felt nauseous at their lack of knowing what was coming. What they were about to do to them. 

--

Once the growling slowed down, Ryan and Sakiko slowly made their way out of their hiding spot and through the cell block. The sound of yelling caused them to run outside where they saw Rick and Shane in one another's faces.

"You did this! You let that son of a bitch live and he killed her! Lori's blood is on your hands!" Shane screams, shoving Rick by his chest.

Glenn runs between them, trying to calm them down only for Shane to punch the man across the jaw. Rick growls, tackling Shane to the ground as the two finally let all their anger and grief out on each other.

Carol helps Glenn to stand up, pulling him away from the crowd as Ryan and Sakiko run over.

"What happened?" Ryan asks, looking between the fighting men to the baby in Maggie's arms.

"Lori went into labor.. She didn't make it," Sophia answers.

"Where's Daryl?" Sakiko asks, looking around with wide eyes.

"Guys, come on! Break it up!" T-Dog pleads with Rick and Shane.

Carl only closes his eyes, unable to look at anyone or anything after what he'd been through.

Shane finally punches Rick, the other man falling to his knees. Pulling his gun out, Shane points it wildly.

Glenn steps forward, despite the blood trickling from his mouth- guarding Maggie, the baby, Ryan, and Sakiko.

"Y'all don't get it!" Shane screams, "Those prisoners tried to kill us! Now, they have!"

He points his weapon in Sakiko's direction, Glenn tugging her closer.

"They killed Daryl!" Shane shouts.

Sakiko's heart drops to her stomach, the outside world suddenly spinning.

"They killed Lori!" Shane continues.

"You son of a bitch!" Rick yells, pulling himself up to wrap his arm around Shane's waist.

As he does so, Shane fires his gun, the bullet straying and hitting T-Dog in the chest. Carol screams in fear, falling to her knees beside the man.

The gun goes off again, hitting the wall beside Beth who shrinks behind her father.

Sakiko heard everything like it was in a tunnel- distant and echoed. She could still think back to her talks with Daryl and Ryan- that Shane and Rick's eventual head to head would leave everyone in pain.

Lori was dead. Shane just shot T-Dog and nearly Beth. They didn't care who got hurt, only if they could hurt each other.

Shane rolls on top of Rick and just when Glenn was about to step up again, someone else does.