r.i.p. bambi

The first week of living at the quarry was full of work and preparations to fix the place up to make it enough to live within.

But, it was clear that the few supplies people were able to bring weren't going to be enough to last longer than a month. That was when Shane implemented to run system for people willing to leave camp and find supplies- food, clothes, batteries for the most part.

Glenn was the main runner, proving to be more than capable as he'd leave out and return before dark with supplies galore on his own.

But, one man could only do so much no matter how hard he tried. And that's when Shane put together the hunting plans. He'd told a story about when he was younger and his dad brought him here- all the deer, squirrel, and birds they'd seen while hiking through theses very woods.

That's how Daryl became the camp's main runner with Shane and Merle occasionally helping out as well.

Jobs all around were put together- Dale and Jim as mechanics, many of the women in laundry and cooking.. Things slowly but surely fell into place for the group under Shane's lead.

Jobs for everyone over the age of twenty it seemed, anyway.

The kids became antsy, having nothing to do to pass the time. Being told they were too young to help with this or that, but needed to do something or else they would begin chasing one another around with sticks.

The return of schooling was Lori's idea that was quickly backed by Miranda and Carol as they began schooling their kids. This quickly left the twins and Ryan to themselves.

"If I saw the middle aged housewives are racist for not including us, would they kick me out?" Sakiko questions.

Nanami and Ryan let out sounds of stress or agreement on either side of her as the three sat on the log watching the class go on.

"You had to pull that card?" Nanami asks, cringing.

"Someone had to say it," Sakiko sighs, picking up a rock from the ground.

"I'm sure they'd let you join if that's what you want," Ryan offers.

"I dropped out before all this. I refuse to go back when it's definitely not needed," Sakiko denies.

"Well, then, tell your dad that you're bored," Ryan shrugs.

"I'm only bored because you're boring," Sakiko sighs, looking between the boys, "Both of you."

"What did I do?" Nanami cries, offended.

Sakiko groans, standing up from her spot on the log and walking away.

The boys that were left behind look to each other and Ryan wonders, "She always like that?"

"She used to be.. But, we went through some things. Looks like all this is making her go back to herself again," Nanami figures before he shrugs, "When does your brother get back from his run?"

Ryan hums, a sneaky smile on his face, "He should be back in a couple hours."

"What are you smiling about? Shouldn't you be worried if he's out there?"

"Glenn is strong, he can take care of himself. He's good at stuff like this by now. I'm just smiling cause.. I guess it's just funny."

"Funny? Your brother going out there is funny to you?" Nanami questions, wondering if the boy was a psychopath.

"No, not that," Ryan sighs, leaning back on his hands.

"Then..?" Nanami pushes.

Ryan looks over to him, laughs under his breath and then glances to where Sakiko was walking down through the trees to the tents.