left and right

Sakiko makes it outside of the woods, finding a backroad that was surrounded by large fields of nothing. She makes an 'aha!' sound, jumping off a log onto the pavement, bouncing on her heels with the feeling of new ground under her.

She looks up and down the road, a few broken down cars here and there. She slides one of her bags higher up on her shoulder, peering past the field and the trees beyond it- hardly able to make out the sight of large buildings.

"The destroyed city of Atlantis," she whispers to herself, "Whoever called it Atlanta was a psychic."

With her bag more secure, she holds her hands in front of her as though weighing her options.

"Left.. Right.. Left.. Right.." she mutters, pursing her lips.

Stepping to the middle of the road, she looks both ways once more before swinging her body to the right.

"Right is always the right way to go," she decides, strutting her way down the road.

She walks for a long time, passing by the rare broken down vehicle. Reaching a turn in the road, she takes notice of one of the vehicles, seeing someone still in the driver's seat. She contemplates for a few seconds before easing to the car, knocking on the window.

"Excuse me?" she asks, peering into the window.

The person inside moves their head and Sakiko nervously shuffles her weight, "Could I maybe get a ride?"

The person looks to her, suddenly growling and thrusting themselves against the window, clawing at it feverishly. Sakiko gasps, stumbling backwards at the sight. The man's cheek was ripped open, his eyes a glazed over white, and skin gray.

"Ah.." she inspects, getting closer to the window, eye-level with the person, "So, you're what a geek looks like."

The geek slams his head against the window again, Sakiko hurrying backwards again with a racing heart.

"Fine," she huffs, making herself look stronger than she felt, "Didn't want a ride with you anymore you.. you.. no cheek, dumb, ugly, creep, geek!"

She kicks at the car, the geek growling louder and slamming it's hand against the window.

"Jerk!" she hisses.

With a stressed sigh, Sakiko stomps away.

--

"I want you to stay here, keep an eye out looking for your sister," Daryl orders, strapping his bow to his back, "But, make sure to keep safe. You see a geek, you run and don't stop. Leave some kinda trail for me to catch onto."

"Do you have to go?" Nanami sighs, looking to the bigger knife Daryl gave him.

"Ain't no one deserve to get strung up with geeks comin' down on 'em. And Rick says he dropped a lot of guns, and I need those to keep you kids safe. It's more than just Merle."

Nanami nods, his cheeks puffing out, "What kind of trail do I need to leave?"

"Mud, carve on a tree, anything. Just something to let me know where you are."

"And you'll be back as soon as you find Merle and get the guns?"

"And then we'll all three search these woods high and low till we find Kiko," Daryl swears, "Shane said these woods are safe enough. We've only seen the one geek close to camp so far, so she'll be just fine for a couple hours."

Daryl hops up into the back of the box truck, Nanami watching him, "Stay safe, I'll be back before you know it."

The box truck went to the left.