gear up

"Care to explain everything?" Rick asks in a sigh, kneeling in front of Sakiko.

Sakiko plays with her fingers, unable to meet her leader's eyes.

"Like how you know that woman?" Rick continues.

Michonne was passed out once more after Hershel had sewn her wound back up. A gunshot wound that she hadn't answered where she got it from.

"Kiko?" Rick asks, gentle as ever.

Carefully, Sakiko raises her head and peeks to Daryl before looking to Rick's striking eyes.

"Nanami's alive.." she breathes, "So is Merle."

"What?" Daryl asks, stepping forward.

Fearful, Sakiko's arms cross around herself protectively, "Nanami found me when I was out there. They're in a town."

"That woman.." Rick recalls.

"She found Nanami after the farm. Nanami was with Andrea but she.." Sakiko sighs, "And Michonne helped him after."

"Michonne," Daryl repeats, "Then, what?"

Sakiko remembers just how much Nanami had changed and closes her eyes, "Nanami and I got into a fight. Michonne said that place wasn't safe. So, she and I left."

"Nanami and Merle are still there?" Rick questions and Sakiko nods her head.

A scraping sound comes from the other room, Rick patting Sakiko's shoulder and hurrying to where Michonne was slowly waking up with Carl watching her.

"Hey," Daryl softly calls, taking the spot Rick had previously been.

"They're not the same," Sakiko shakes her head, "Nanami.. He's different. Merle, too."

Daryl, with a thousand thoughts running through his head, only tugs the teen closer into his arms- tucking her head under his chin and rocking her back and forth.

--

"She won't talk to us," Rick sighs as Daryl and Sakiko walk into the room, "Kiko.."

Sakiko takes a step closer to Michonne who looked like a wounded animal being cornered by strangers.

"Why are you here?" Sakiko asks, "Did you follow me?"

"No. After you went off, I went my way. Found more of your people, though," Michonne tells the girl.

"My people?" Sakiko repeats.

"A young Asian guy with a pretty girl. She called him Glenn. You mentioned him back there, too," Michonne remembers the name coming up during the twins' argument.

"Glenn and Maggie?" Ryan asks, stepping closer with wide eyes.

"What happened?"

Michonne glares at her gunshot wound, "That asshole took 'em. Took 'em both to Woodbury."

"They were on a run," Hershel notes, "Out looking for Kiko and the baby some formula."

Wordlessly, Michonne looks to the basket of formula that she'd picked up after they'd been taken.

"You know the way back?" Rick asks Michonne.

"I'm not going back to that hellhole," Michonne denies.

"Then why did you tell us?" Rick demands.

Michonne looks to Sakiko, "Because maybe you can save all three if you go."

Remembering Michonne's words before she stormed off, Sakiko sighs.

"Can you draw us a map?" Rick asks, still desperate to get their people back.