home

The sight of the prison fences made tears well up in Sakiko's eyes. She had been walking for so long and she was finally back. She just wanted to tell everyone sorry and never leave her cell again. Maybe lock herself in.

Oscar, the prisoner, was the one to open the gates for her.

"Everyone's been looking for you," Axel, the other prisoner, informs.

Tiredly, Sakiko nods, trudging her way up the long hill to the prison

"Sakiko!"

The sound of her name being called with so much concern made her legs tremble. Carol and Sophia hurry out the fences, making their way to the teen as fast as they could.

"Thank God!" Carol cries, tugging the girl into a hug.

The sudden affection only caused the tears to spill. Weakly, Sakiko clings to Carol as she cries on her shoulder.

There's the distant sound of more people rushing out and Carol pulls Sakiko back so she could see that everyone was coming out to greet her.

Everyone.

"Daryl?" Sakiko whimpers.

Still with a limp, Daryl makes his way down the hill as Sakiko's shaking legs take her up. As tears blinded Sakiko's vision, Daryl found a few of his own slipping down his cheeks. A sob erupts from Sakiko's chest as the pair collide into a hug, Daryl lifting her off the ground to keep her as close as he could.

"Don't you ever go like that again," Daryl orders in her hear.

Sakiko furiously nods her head in assurance that she heard him before hiding her face in the crook of his neck, hands gripped onto the back of his shirt like it was a lifeline.

Over his girl's shoulder, Daryl catches Hershel's eyes. Hershel smiles to him, giving a soft nod to remind Daryl that this was right.

"Never again," Daryl tells Sakiko, kissing her temple.

--

"Glenn and Maggie should be back soon," Ryan informs, "They went looking for you and formula. Daryl just got back earlier and he was planning on going out again later."

"Sounds to me like everyone except you has been looking for me," Sakiko scrunches her nose, "Nice to know who my real friends are."

"After you left, Glenn and I made it outside the gates. Nearly got lost myself looking for you. Was looking all day yesterday with Glenn, too," Ryan reverses.

"Fair enough," Sakiko grumbles, crossing her arms.

"We looked everywhere," Ryan sighs, "But, I knew that you'd come back or we'd find you."

"Don't act like you know me," Sakiko teases, "I tolerate you at most."

"I can hardly stand being in the same room as you," Ryan plays back.

"Your face makes me sick."

"Your voice makes my ears bleed."

The teens keep their ground, bickering back and forth with each other. Somehow, the games were missed more than anything in the world in the two days they'd been apart.

"You're annoying," Sakiko informs.

"So are you," Ryan smiles.

Sakiko had never felt so relieved and safe at the same time.

She stares at Ryan for a few seconds, recalling the days when they'd just met. When those bickering fights were real and she could hardly stand being around him. Now, she never wanted to leave his side.