14 |☆ its happening again.

Unfair- the neighborhood

☦︎ ☦︎ ☦︎

"Does it hurt?" I ask, staring at the night sky ahead of us

"Does what hurt love?" He asks, his head turning to look at me but I continue to stare ahead.

"To fall in love." I clarify, I'm not sure why I wanted to know about this topic but it was just something that was on my mind.

He chuckles under his breath, shaking his head before looking at the stars like I am. "Your too young to be thinking about this right now."

I shake my head in disagreement, "I don't think I am. I think I'm old enough to try to understand why it's something everyone wants."

He stays silent, turning his head to look at me once more. He doesn't speak again, instead, the wind does. It blows my long hair along my back, tickling the little bit of skin that was was exposed along my shoulders.

"Love is a lot of things, and yes sometimes it hurts. But just because you're in love, or you feel in love doesn't mean you sit through the pain it causes you. Not everyone has good intentions, and sometimes people just throw that word around to trap you." He speaks, this makes me look down at my hands that were hugging my knees to my chest.

"It's a concept nobody truly understands, but once you feel it you'll know." He speaks again, his rings fidget along the diamond earrings he wore.

"How did you know?" I finally ask.

He chuckles, "when I knew I would do anything for them. Whether it was letting them go, or holding on just to see if whatever pain we were both going through could be fixed."

But then he freezes just as his lips part to say something again. He licks his bottom lip, wetting it slightly before turning his head back to face forward.

"When I knew I would give someone the stars if I could."

A small smile rises on my face, it was so strange hearing he'd offer anybody the stars.

"You think people actually deserve the stars?" I ask, finally turning my head over to look at him.

He nods, "of course I do. I think you deserve the stars, I think elliot deserves the stars, and if I could I'd give them both to you guys."

Lottie does deserve the stars.

"Can you find the stars?" I ask.

He smiles before nodding his head once more, "sometimes people are stars in disguise. I look at you as a star in disguise, you and elliot. You both lit up my life at one of my darkest points."

"Do you think I'll ever meet stars in disguise?" I ask, being oblivious to the fact that I may have already met a star in disguise.

He nods his head, "you're a star in disguise. Naturally, you'll draw more stars to you, but don't be fulled either sometimes the people you think are stars can just be balls of fire disguised as light."