51 |☆ A.M.

Feet don't fail me now...
Born to Die - Lana Del Rey

☦︎ ☦︎ ☦︎

One rushed step after another

One repetitive thought in my mind.

I had to get out.

The faint commotion coming from behind me wasn't calming my troubled mind. My mind was saying so much— yet nothing at all at the same time.

My eyes scanned all over the place, finding myself in an unknown place. I was running— running away. My body was on autopilot, my heart racing up a storm.

I was running through trees, I swore if I didn't feel this high set panicked feeling crashing through my bones I would've thought this was some sort of horror movie I'd hate to watch. I would swear this wasn't real... it didn't feel like it.

My feet crunch against the leaves, hair blowing in the wind as I hear footsteps from afar. My vision, it was almost as if it became blurred. I was moving so fast, I couldn't fully focus on anything. It was all going too fast, but I couldn't slow down.

The way my heart was pounding in my chest was the only indicator that this was real. It didn't feel it otherwise.

"You're not going to make it far." I hear a voice call out in the distance from behind me. It was called out by a male, you could tell by the tone, but any distinct factors other than that had been completely blown in the wind, cover up by my feet hitting the floor.

The trees slowly began to thin out, running next to them and between different ones, as I passed like it would help me lose what I was running from. Or rather who.

It felt like a blur, I couldn't remember who I was running from. Who that haunting voice belonged to, the faint heavy footsteps getting covered up by mine, my mind just seemed to drown it out. It was just barely out of reach, like a distant memory that had randomly popped up with the edges fading as quickly as it came.