(32) Hangover

-------------------------------------------------------

~Pewdie Pov~

-------------------------------------------------------

"Uhh... Vad Fan..."

I woke up tucked under the bed covers, slightly over heating as I was not use to sleeping like this. As I pulled the covers off, I flipped so that I was sitting on the edge of the bed.

I was covered in sweat, and the lights caused a piercing pain to stab my brain, causing me to groan at the feeling in my head. It felt like I had a migraine, but I knew it was a hangover, because I couldn't remember anything from last night. When I went to move, to get off the bed and walk towards the door, my limbs were stiff, causing me to limp at first, turning into a struggling effort. Soon I got used to it, although I still stumbled a bit in the hall as I headed for the bathroom.

I rummaged through the medicine cabinet, grabbing an Advil and popping it into my mouth. I sipped from the faucet, and my head started to spin with the cold refreshment. I stood still a few seconds, letting the dizziness subside as I balanced myself with my hands on the vanity. Soon it was better, and I walked to the top of the stairs, not liking the idea of trying to get down.

I grimaced, going slowly as I stepped down one at a time. When at the bottom I sat down, gasping for breath as the pain in my head was unbearable. After about five minutes I summed up the courage to walk into the living room. I wanted to lay down, and no way was I going back up that treacherous incline. I flopped down on the couch, sighing in relief as I closed my eyes to shut out all the light.

Soon I was aware of footsteps, the noise being detected only slightly by my sensitive hearing. I heard a door close, and I assumed it was the bathroom, but I could be wrong... I mentally smiled as I heard the shower start. Well at least Cry's ok, and not in pain like me.

...Cry?

I tried to remember what had happened last night, but each time I tried to recall the memory the pain in my head grew intense. Soon I gave up, groaning, not wanting to cause myself anymore harm. I laid there quietly, listening to the soft sound of the water upstairs...

After a while, the pain started to go away, but I could still feel the ache in my neck, and anytime I widened my eyes a slight jolt of pain shot into my head. The lights were now bearable, and I sighed in relief as more noisy footsteps upstairs did not bother me. I was finally able to enjoy the morning, or at least what's left of it. Time was slowly ticking away, and it was almost noon.

The footsteps ended, and I had to sit up to see why, trying to end my confusion. When I was fully up, Cry was standing behind the couch, a smug grin in his face. I smiled back at him, but he frowned. I tried to say something, but it came out a soft and slurred mumble. He chuckled, and came to sit down next to me.

He looked at me, and it took me probably longer than it should have to realize he was talking.

"...re you ok? You were really out of it... looked like you were h..."

Some parts of his speech were lost in my mind, while a few words stood out. All he was really doing was confirming my suspicions of being drunk last night, and that I had a serious hang over. All though it wasn't as bad as before, it still slightly hurt.

I laid back down, putting my legs on his lap. I closed my eyes, but I could imagine the red shading that crept acrossed his face.

"Pewds, you still didn't answer... Are you ok?" This time his words didn't fade, and I remember that what he said was a question. "Y-Yeah... Just a headache..."