3

Eunbi

Convincing myself it had been a week, and not half a year since Jungkook changed his manager, took a lot of mental work. From the beginning I knew Jungkook had a thing for overnight changes, but whatever happened to him this time didn't feel right at all. I didn't have to hire a detective to notice he was more into his career than ever before, suddenly interested in the business side of it. For the amount of times he said 'he had no fucking idea how it works', he'd been talking about new sponsorships and business management quite a lot.

I didn't want to be a dick, I was happy for him. Since he loved his career, and was a big part of the industry since literally forever, I could do nothing but support him, considering there wasn't a time he wasn't supportive of me. If he wanted his already well-known name to be even bigger, I had no rights to stop him. I even let go off that anniversary, after holding silent grudges for two days. I didn't tell him, not in the mood for unnecessary argument, but spending most of the day alone made my heart heavier. Maybe because I was used to Jungkook dropping every schedule when there was even the smallest thing to celebrate, let alone our anniversary, and the sudden change was not a part of my comfort zone?

Not like I was jealous about his new manager either. A woman or not, I knew he loved me, and I loved myself enough not to envy her. But... I still did my research. Did I like what I found? Only when I was reading about her 'good work ethic and impressive achievements'. When I got to shuffle through the pictures, my mood dropped a little. Every single one showed her in a skimpy outfit, and way more glam than I had. She was beautiful, but also the polar opposite of me. And as much as I was into women empowerment, having her alone around my man was disturbing. Not because I didn't trust Jungkook, but because I found an online forum when people mentioned how she 'did everything for money' and 'her body was her main tool to get paid'. It could have been a lie, so I didn't put much thought into it, but getting her out of my head took a while.

"You know what's today?" I asked Jungkook when we sat together for breakfast not long after waking up.

He looked up from his plate with toasts. "What is today?"

"I am opening my display in the gallery," I said, letting a proud smile onto my face.

"Already?" He gasped, eyes bigger. "What time?"

"Five," I said over the crunching of his piece of bread. "I have twenty minutes to open and talk about a few paintings and then I will be there until six, when they close the gallery, if someone wants to talk to me."

"You seem so calm. I'd be freaking out," he noticed.

"Wait until I get there and realize it's actually happening," I said, making him laugh.

"I told you posting your stuff online will get you somewhere incredible," Jungkook said, proud of his idea.

It had been four years of my social media presence. I did gain a lot of audience for my art pieces, but I knew being associated with Jeon Jungkook, one of the biggest names in the world, did something, too. I told him not to interfere with me online, worried people would say I gained attention only because of my famous boyfriend, but he never listened, reposting my pictures here and there, always mentioning his favorite artist Jung Eunbi as if we weren't a couple. From what I noticed, his fans found it adorable. I started selling more paintings, and gaining more local customers in my tattoo shop, until I got offered a place for a small display in a gallery.

"Will you be there?" I asked, twirling the remaining half of my Americano around the white porcelain mug.

"At the opening?" he asked, spreading peanut butter on the next toast.