13

Eunbi

He stopped trying at all. While before Jungkook put in some cheap effort, two weeks ago he stopped completely. He took a step away from me, giving it all to his career, and I watched him from the side, unable to make my way back into his life.

To make it worse, Kang Jiah was a regular at our house, cursing my eyes every day. Not that she was bad-looking, unfortunately she was everything but that, and sometimes I barely kept myself for complimenting her hair. She'd use it against me, so I stayed silent.

Walking in, walking out, sitting in the kitchen with her all so important business matters, she was there all the time. I avoided her as much as Jungkook avoided me. While I didn't trust her before, I was slowly losing trust in Jungkook. I forced myself not to. Trust was a foundation, and losing it would have made the end too easy to bring upon us. But he stopped talking to me, stopped eating at home, stopped answering phone calls. When he did answer, it always included Jiah or practice.

And the kiss haunted me. The remorse was a heavy weight on my shoulders, and hiding the truth from Jungkook didn't help. How could I get mad at him being around Jiah, and then admit that I let our friend kiss me because I didn't feel loved by my boyfriend?

I thought about leaving, and then talked myself out of it three times a day. I pushed and pulled between this kiss was meaningless and it was, after all, a kiss with another (married) man. We both made mistakes, but I was starting to believe I outdid Jungkook's every wrong step.

Maybe he really didn't care, and knowing about the kiss would make it easier for him to leave me for her. And maybe that's why I kept the kiss hidden, buried deep and far away.

When I came home that day, she was there again. They sat at the kitchen table, Jungkook listening to a new sponsorship offer that cost more than all of his sponsorships all together.

But I was too tired to have her around that day, and to listen to her annoying voice seducing my man with a pointless business talk. It was my house, and I had a right to throw away whoever I wanted to throw out.

"It's six in the afternoon, can you please go home already?" I asked, planting my hands on the table. It was the first time I talked to them in the past two weeks.

"No, she won't be going home. We are working," Jungkook said, strict.

"I believe Jiah can speak for herself," I said, giving him an narrow-eyed glare. Besides avoiding me, he had to act like I was the enemy in my own house.

Before she could answer, Jungkook was up on his feet, towering over me in an attempt to be intimidating. "We are in the middle of work. There are other rooms in this house if you have a problem."

"I won't be starving just because she can't move her ass and come back tomorrow. Normal people are out of work at this hour, you know."

"Just say you don't have a problem with my work, but with Jiah. Everyone knows you don't like her."

"No one likes her, Jungkook," I said, scoffing. Being kind was the last option on the list. I tried before, it didn't work, and she didn't seem to care whether I liked her or not. "Of course I have a problem with Jiah, that's why I'm asking her to leave."

"Don't worry," Jungkook muttered, breaking the burning eye contact to sit back on his chair. "We're just working. I'm not getting close with my girlfriend's best friend, after all," he added, pretending to be busy with the papers on the table, and my legs wobbled.

He knew. However he found out, he knew. He fucking knew, and everything he did with Jiah was just a payback. It would have been better if he stormed into the house, yelled at me, forcing me to explain myself like a child. I did have some explaining to do, but so did he. Fueling what we were already messing up wasn't going to help us.