20

Eunbi

July 2022

The key was making a seventh round in the air and the door was still locked.

"You open, I'm nervous." Jungkook laughed, and ran back to the car as soon as I had the keys in my hands.

"What a kid." I sighed, summoning him back to wrap his arms around my waist, lift me off the ground, and hold me in front of the door. There was no backing away anymore so, laughing, I twisted the key in the lock, and pushed the door open.

We took the first steps at the same time. After all, neither of us wanted to be the first one stepping into our new house. We'd been there already, many times to check up on the renovations, but the keys were officially ours and all of our things were already inside. And we were moving in.

Jungkook closed the door, and we faced each other for a few silent moments. Once the idea of our new house settled in, we were laughing. With my legs around his waist, and his arms around me, we just laughed, sharing one of the happiest moments of our lives.

Every happy moment was just a bit happier since we were together.

"We're going to do everything together tonight, aren't we?" Jungkook asked, his chin on my shoulder as he pushed his shoes off, and walked further in. I could only get back on my feet in the living room. Our living room, and Jungkook still wrapped his arms around me from behind. I didn't mind. I really didn't.

"We're really going to live here now," I said, one foot deep in disbelief, one in full awareness that we owned a house.

"We should totally have a party tonight. You know, just me and you." He sneaked from behind me to face me, and pulled me even closer against him.

"Of course. We have to celebrate."

"We're acting like it's the first time we're seeing this place." He laughed. "I've literally been here this morning."

"I've been here yesterday, but it wasn't really it, yet. You know. We live here now. Wow." Leaning in, I rested my head on his chest, and took in the fact that it was our reality. After months of hectic work, planning, endless renovations, it was finally real.

"I've dreamt about it since you moved into my apartment, you know?" Jungkook ran his palms up and down my back, and left a kiss on top of my head. "I've always wanted us to have a house like this."

"Yeah, I saw your Pinterest boards." I grinned.

I kind of saw it coming, but still yelped when his fingers dug into my waist, at the same time trapping me from running away from his devilish tickling. I still haven't figured out why I laughed at this torturous act, but I did, and Jungkook did, too, and no matter how messy it was, it only mattered that we were happy.

One second he was tickling me, and I was trying to run, and one second he stopped, lifting me off the ground again. "Let's go for our first grocery shopping for the new house."

"And then make our first dinner here."

"And then the party begins."

"And then our first night in our new house."

Jungkook giggled, and I loved it when he was so happy. "You know what they say. You have to christen the new house somehow."

"You're just finding excuses to have sex."

He pressed his lips together, for a moment thinking about declining, but then let out a laugh. "Yes, I am."

"Wow, you're not even denying it anymore," I said, cupping his cheeks. "We love a good character development."