16

Jungkook

The door closed, and I began trembling. I was so sure it was a business meeting, but I walked in on Jiah telling me 'my girlfriend would never know that we fucked'. Before I could properly explode, and tell her to fuck off, Eunbi was there. I would never tell her to come if I knew what I would be dealing with. Everyone would misunderstand the situation, and the state of our relationship didn't help.

"I hope you know you're fired right now," I barked, reaching for the door handle.

"I wouldn't be so brav-"

I cut her off, at the same time letting go of the handle. "You're fucking fired! Destroy my career, go ahead! But try to mess with me or Eunbi, and I'll take legal actions."

"You can't leave! I didn't try so hard for you to leave me here like that!" Her eyes were wide on me, and I scoffed.

"Did you really fucking think we'd be anything? Like, what? Did you want to take Eunbi's place?"

"Wasn't it fucking obvious?" She rolled her eyes, getting off the bed to walk closer. "I don't give a fuck about your career, Jungkook. I want you, not-"

"Move any closer and I will sue you. For sexual harassment. You have a lot of this shit on your account in the past two months."

She froze, but crossed her arms on her chest and tilter her head forward. "You'll lose everything if you leave now."

I had a feeling she had nothing but big mouth to threaten her clients, and she couldn't actually touch me with a finger. And even if she could do any harm to my career, after that night I couldn't keep on lying to myself, I couldn't stay around Jiah.

"I have just lost everything," I mumbled, holding back tears. "Get the fuck out of my life, Jiah."

Slamming the door, I was gone. I ran behind Eunbi, having no interest in any business anymore, in my career, in sponsorships. I needed to fix it, to stop her before everything would get out of control.

She was already outside the hotel when I burst through the door. "Eunbi!"

"Leave me alone!"

I grabbed her arm when she didn't stop, but she pulled it away just as fast. "Listen to me, please. Listen," I said, voice trembling along with my arms.

"No, you fucking listen to me! This is why I asked you to fire her! This is why I fucking begged you not to work with her! This is what I was so scared of! But you didn't care about me! You cared about earning more money! Are you happy now?! Is this how you wanted it to look like?!" She was louder, trying to silence the urge to cry.

And she wasn't the only one. I could barely get a word out of my aching throat. "No, Eunbi! I didn't know she was there alone! I was sure it was a meeting, like I told you!"

"Bullshit! Did I really have to see it?! Couldn't you tell me you wanted her and not me anymore?! Did you have to-"

I cut her off before she could come up with more things that were as far from the truth as possible. "It's not true! What are you talking about?!" I cried out, frightened.

Besides the clicks of cameras, because we argued in front of paparazzi like idiots, no one made a sound. I hated myself for not listening to her, for gripping onto how I wanted everything to be and not considering how it made her feel. When Jiah wasn't obvious, I was able to continue lying to myself. Seeing her in that room, doing what Eunbi was afraid of all this time, slapped some sense into my head.

Only if it wasn't too late.

"It can't be me and her, Jungkook. Or me and your career," Eunbi said, not breaking the eye-contact, and it made her words ten times sharper to make me bleed from them.