14

Jungkook

This couldn't go on any longer. Passing by each other without a single word, playing this stupid, petty game. I hated having Jiah around so often, doing God knew what. It wasn't even business anymore, I kept asking her to work at my house to piss Eunbi off, and maybe make her tell me the truth about the kiss. But it wasn't solving anything. All I earned from this was a badly lost game, an overwhelming heartache, and sleepless nights. To make it worse, all of my relationships were falling apart. Loneliness was becoming my only companion way too fast. The only thing that kept me going was my prospering career, but I was slowly losing grip on that, too.

Normally I wouldn't have gone to practice the day after a match, especially a lost one, but I needed something to help me stir away from the mess of my mind. It was just me and the kids in the club, and I spent the entire self-led practice thinking how to approach Eunbi.

I had a speech ready. What to apologize for first, what to ask her about, how to talk about this fucking kiss. I had it all ready, and it all went down the drain when I was driving back home. The route I always took went through the street where Yoongi lived, and I was unlucky enough to see his whole family and Eunbi at the door.

"What the fuck is she doing here again?" I thought to myself, tightening my grip on the steering wheel. I was less than mad, but masking fear with anger was my body's go-to reaction. It was a last-second decision when I hit the brakes and stopped on the side of the street by their driveway.

To be honest, I had no rights to be getting mad at her. But I didn't realize it back then. I thought she was the only one to blame. I was sure it was her fault that we kept falling apart. I was sure I was putting in enough effort, and she was the one to push it away. I was sure...

"Jungkook?" Sora, holding Sarang on her hip, noticed me first. They all looked back at me striding through the driveway. I was bubbling inside, cut off from any rational thinking. I shouldn't have done what I did, but in panic I didn't know what I was doing. Hence why I grabbed Yoongi's shirt, pulled him out of the doorway, and punched him. I'd hate myself for it later, but in heat all I wanted was to show him how hurt I was.

"Jungkook!" Eunbi pulled me back. Behind the haze in my head I could make out Sora gasping and Sarang crying, but they were gone inside quickly. "What the fuck?!"

"Stay away from my girlfriend," I barked at him, tearing my arm out of her hold.

Yoongi snorted, wiping blood off of his lip. "Start loving her better, and I might," he mocked, knowing how to irk me.

I punched him again, and only then he fought back, hitting the side of my face that wasn't damaged after the game. His left punch was always stronger than the right one. I was about to indulge in one of our worst fights ever, when Eunbi stepped in front of me.

"Stop making a scene," she hissed, widening her eyes at me.

"I'm making a scene?" I scoffed, and took a step back. "Maybe you two will make a scene instead, and show me what you were doing, like, two weeks ago?! No? Don't wanna recreate it?"

They glanced at each other, then back at me. I was panting, struggling to hold back at outburst full of tears.

"Get in the car, Eunbi," I said. "I don't want you two seeing each other anymore." Turning my back to them, I walked to my car, but her words made me stop.

"You're fucking joking now," she said, lowering her voice.

"No, I'm not," I said, looking at her over my shoulder, and crossing the remaining distance to the car.

"And I'm supposed to listen to you after I asked you to fire your manager and you refused three times?" she asked, arms crossed on her chest, when I opened the door to the driver's seat.