8

Jungkook

On the last day of that week, I was a wreck. With little sleep, and running from practice to a meeting and then to another meeting, I just wanted to go home, eat and sleep. One month pre-match was usually hectic, but this one stood above any other. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't find time for anything that wasn't work.

I would come home when Eunbi was asleep, and I'd have to leave before she'd wake up. That didn't help with fixing what was falling apart. Our last argument threw me into a spiral of constant overthinking, and that was a short way to find all the reasons to be scared for us. With the growth of my career, our relationship was hanging on a thinner line. And I couldn't give up on any of those.

I begged Jiah to leave me alone that day, and I begged my coach for an afternoon off, and at five I was on my way home. An empty home. I was sure Eunbi had a day off, and she didn't mention going out anywhere. After checking every room to make sure she wasn't there, I texted her.

Jungkook: are you home?

Eunbi: no

Jungkook: where are you?

Eunbi: with Yoongi

It shouldn't have bothered me, but I still found myself staring at the last text for too long. It was Yoongi, my married best friend with a child. Eunbi spending time in his presence shouldn't be irking me in a way it did. The first time she went there, after we argued the last time, I didn't think anything of it. They were friends, I pissed her off, understandable. But then, it wasn't all of their meetings. They met a few times during the week, and all she ever said when I asked what she was doing was "I'm with Yoongi". She wouldn't say anything else. I didn't do anything wrong this time for her to go there, and, even though they could still hang out, almost the whole week of them seeing each other didn't sit right with me.

Or I was just jealous that when I finally had some free time, she had to spend it with someone else.

Jungkook: are you free tonight? And tomorrow?

Eunbi: I could be

Eunbi: why?

Jungkook: I am free for today. I could ditch everything tomorrow. We could drive to Busan, spend some time by the sea. It's been a while

Eunbi: really?

Jungkook: really really

Eunbi: what time?

Jungkook: we can leave at 6, sleep there, see the sunrise, eat, come back

Eunbi: I'd love to

Jungkook: should I pick you up? Or will you be back home earlier?

Eunbi: I need to go to the salon for a moment

Eunbi: you can pick me up from there at 6

Jungkook: okay

Jungkook: 6pm at your shop

Jungkook: I love you

Eunbi: I love you too

I managed to put the phone down, and failed to give our conversation a thought, when it rang again. I smiled, thinking it was Eunbi, but I rolled my eyes just as fast seeing it was my manager. I should have declined, acted like I didn't see, anything but picking up.

"What?" I whined. "I asked you for something, didn't I?"

"I know, I know, but... listen. There is a party with your sponsors. And you won't guess who will be there."