6

Eunbi

I'd never wanted to punch anyone as much as I wanted to punch Jungkook when he came home the next morning, after picking up zero phone calls, forcing me to call all of his friends and his coach, and making me shake in fear and anger.

With bags under his eyes, and hair messed up like someone yanked it a thousand times, I could only be jumping into conclusions. I forced myself not to, I didn't need this kind of pain in the morning. I matched his tiredness after I traded most of my sleep for overthinking and worrying.

I wasn't even planning to go easy on him. He didn't give me any reasons to be kind or understanding. Crossing my arms on my chest, I stayed close to the door, on the other side of the kitchen. "Have you lost your fucking mind?"

He jumped at the sound of my voice, almost shattering the glass on the kitchen tiles. "Jesus Christ. I got scared."

I lifted my eyebrows, going for the throat. "Yeah? More than me when you didn't come home for the night and didn't pick up?"

"I fell asleep at the club, sorry. Yesterday I learned I have an important game coming up and I was practicing for a long time," he said, reaching for a bottle of water.

My muscles burned and trembled as I raised my voice. I was losing patience. "Was it hard to call me?!"

"Relax, Bee. You know I don't think about anything when I practice."

"I know. Especially not about this dinner we were supposed to go to yesterday," I said, hoping I looked furious enough with my lips pressed together, and narrowing my eyes like they do in thrillers when they are about to throw a punch.

He froze, bottle in one hand, plastic cap in another. From the counter, his eyes moved to mine, grew insignificantly bigger, and then he dropped them to the glass, along with any visible emotions. "Dinner? What dinner?"

My jaw dropped, letting free a scoff. I wanted to burst into a psychotic laugh that would maybe terrify him a little and wake him up. "You're serious? Really?"

"You must have messed up the dates or something," he mumbled, pouring the water into a glass.

My throat tightened, but I blinked the tears away. It was not the time for breaking down. Not yet. But it was one of the biggest steps towards an actual downfall of our relationship. "Stop making a fool out of me. You forgot, and playing like it's my fault won't fix it."

"Okay, but do you realize how important this game is?" he asked, trying to turn everything into a conversation about his career again. "If I win it, I will receive the biggest sponsorship in my life. Not only worth a lot of money, but it will also put me into the group of the biggest athletes in the world."

"I don't care," I said, huffing out a chuckle, and he furrowed his eyebrows. "I don't give a fuck about your sponsorship."

"Wow, thanks for support." He rolled his eyes, turning his back to me, like I was in the wrong.

I wasn't. "Wow, thanks for standing me up and ignoring my calls," I talked back, even though my eyes stung, and stepped out of the kitchen before this conversation could get any worse.

The house felt like a place of torture, I couldn't be there anymore, not that morning. But I didn't want to be alone, either. I needed a talk, and there was only one person I was comfortable enough with to talk to about it.

It was Yoongi's engagement party that made me and their family closer. It wasn't really a party, not a big one. Me, Jungkook, Jimin, and his girlfriend, Vidhi, were the only guests. Overjoyed with the news, Jimin and Jungkook got pissed drunk. Jungkook fell asleep, and Vidhi took Jimin home before ten o'clock. That's how it was me partying with Yoongi and Sora for the rest of the night, growing a very easy-going friendship.