23

Jungkook

1 month later, September 2024

Things can crumble fast, but rebuilding them isn't a challenge when love is as strong as before. It was less about fixing our relationship, and more about me fixing myself. When I got my values straight, prioritized what always mattered to me the most, and put a little bit of effort into showing her my love, our relationship followed, improving by itself.

We returned to where we used to be – she was my number one. She was my main priority. I was there to support her, and she was there to support me. We cried together, we laughed together, we ate meals together. I stopped by her tattoo salon every day, I took her out for dates, walks, road trips, whatever else she wanted. I tried my best to fill every day with our laughter, with little kisses, with little compliments, conversations, dancing, movies. This month was full of everything, making sure we didn't lack the intimacy, closeness, and love. And I was going to keep this all going.

And we talked. Every day we talked about the torturous two months, until we talked out everything. We talked, we cried, and we cuddled a lot. The advice Yoongi gave me five years earlier, to "cuddle it out", never failed us.

I was still on a break, planning to extend it for one or two more months. And after, I was going to do nothing but train and take part in matches. That's what I loved, that's what I was going to do. I broke up with chasing money and fame. I didn't care whether people knew my name or not. Not anymore. Whether I'd become a legend or not, I left it to fate, and focused on doing things I enjoyed, and being with people I cherished.

I stopped working with Paul, had a dire, three-hours long conversation with Minwoo, and eventually reunited with him.

To make things better, Baekhyun and his new wife came back to Seoul, and I begged him to work for me again. Literally, I was on my knees. Changes were great, improvement was great, but my manager and my coach were irreplaceable.

I wasn't left without a pep talk from all four of them – Yoongi, Jimin, Baekhyun and Minwoo – mostly about how not to treat my woman, my friends, and my sport.

Speaking of Yoongi and Jimin...

"I wanna get married," I said, walking into our locker room after showering.

Jimin dropped his bag, scattering the insides all over the floor, but he didn't care about anything but me. Yoongi stopped tying his shoe when his smile widened. In the dense silence, Yoongi was the first one to break it – laughing.

"What are you laughing at?!" Jimin asked, his wide eyes moving to Yoongi. Jimin either found my idea ridiculous, or wanted to punch me and ask why I waited so long.

"Do you remember what I used to say five years ago?" Yoongi asked.

"I have a memory of a Chimpanzee, I don't remember what you said five minutes ago," I said, frowning.

"Oh, you really don't remember how many times I teased you saying you have to come to terms with the fact that you will have to marry your biggest enemy one day? Your biggest enemy, Jung Eunbi? The woman you are crazy in love with and want to mar-"

"Alright, shut up," I whined. "Glad you were born clairvoyant, but I'm being serious. I want to get married."

"I told you," Yoongi said, softer than before. He wasn't referring to five years back in time anymore, but to the events from a bit more than a month ago. When I cried my eyes out on his shoulder, not knowing whether I'd see Eunbi ever again.

I smiled back at him, giving a you were right, as always nod.

"What stops you?" Jimin asks, refilling his bag.