Chapter 32

"Tapos na 'yung unang trial last week.." Levi said.

That's also one of the reasons why I wasn't able to sleep properly last night, I was anxious on how it will end. Both of us sat on the couch. I heard that the judge accepted new evidence from the defense attorney yesterday.

Madumi sila makipaglaro, who would expect that they will play this game fair and square? There might not be a single soul that would think that way.

Besides, they have their criminal records here and in Mexico, but those are all covered up. With money and such bribery, it's a tease not to accept the cash that they might have offered.

Napainom ako ng gatas at tumingin sa kaniya. "Did my testimony help.." bigla akong inatake ng takot at kaba.

"Shh, I'll be there." Levi sat beside me, held my shaking hands while uttering the words that made me feel much better. "Don't be like this, please?" he pleaded with his soft voice.

My imaginations have gone wild when I started thinking about all the negative effects that it might cause me if ever it'll end in a way that is not favored to us. "Wait!" I hugged myself and my head became heavy.

Levi is stunned on the scene but trying to do something, that's when he called his sister while shushing me. Hindi niya alam ang gagawin niya kaya agad niyang pinatawag si Naths.

I closed my eyes, covering my ears while hearing the voice of the monster.. that keeps on running in my mind. "Stop!"

Nakita ko si Nathalie na tumatakbo galing sa kusina. I pushed her away, scared that I might hurt her. She cupped my face and looked into my eyes. "Nandito ako, Lura." Tears rolled down her cheeks.

I hit my head, trying to stop those freaking flashes. I shouted the pain to ease what's in my head and my chest, I can't breathe. "Take three deep breaths," she said. I obliged.

"Count from ten, backwards."

"Ten"

"Nine.." bawat bilang ko, humihinga ako nang malalim.

"Eight"

They gave me a glass of water while walking backwards to give me some space. When I finished counting, I fell asleep.

Nagising ako nang si Daisy ang nakaharap sa akin, nakahalukipkip pa siya. "Kain ka naa" aniya habang inaabot sa akin 'yung tray.

Hearing her chuckle as I smell the fool made me stop with what I am doing. She had a bite of my snack and I starting eating those. Uminom ako ng tubig matapos kunin ang baso na nasa side table ko lang.

"Si Levi?"

She was shocked but eventually smiled while giving me a bite of meat which she just cut. "He's downstairs, waiting for a good update." I didn't respond but Naths came in and noticed that I'm awake. "Should I head out?" Naha asked her.

Umiling lang ang kaibigan ko at tumingin sa akin "Lumabas lang ako saglit, nagising ka na."

"You called the psychologist, right?"

"I feel like she's already at the door." Naha uttered. They saw how I sighed and eventually nodded. Binuksan ni Ate ang pinto ng kuwarto ko. The Doctor entered the room but genuinely told me that I could finish my food before we talk.

Dra. Campos sat on my side and waited as the two went out to give us privacy. She started asking me how my condition is as I put my plate on the table. My emotions will be monitored especially when my physical health is affected, now with my food intake.

Someone knocked on the door and opened it. "Shail? Shit! Sorry.." It was Levi. Napansin niya na nag-uusap kaming dalawa nang pumasok siya.

"Lumabas na kanina pa," I uttered before he thanked me.