Epilogue

"Kuya!"

I just got home from work and eventually got rid of a case because the woman is apparently talking to her husband while the annulment is in process. Shail's voice is what I hear when I am honestly expecting nothing but to receive proper rest.

As I loosen my tie and put down my briefcase on the couch, I looked at her, who obviously has something to say regarding something that excites her. Her stare is making me pissed, that's why I can't help but ask. Gusto ko lang naman magpahinga.

"What?"

"Nasa news 'yung ex mo."

My brows furrowed and my hands reached for the remote, wanting to know what happened to her. I pushed the insides of my cheek and glared at my sister when I just heard something related to health issues. Tangina.

Akala ko naman kung ano na.

The questions that the reporter asked is all about the issue regarding health concerns and the topic shifted because of a personal question.

"How were you able to cope with working for the government?"

"I am not working for the government, instead, I am working for the people. Most of you knows that I don't have a career background prior to this current job that I have, pero siguro 'yung plano na nasa isip ko 'yung nagtutuloy sa akin na gumawa ng mga bagay-bagay."

"Sinasabi ng ilan na hindi ka magtatagal at susukuan agad ang trabaho na binigay sa iyo, sang-ayon ka ba dito?"

She stopped walking and the camera also stopped moving. "Kung titigil ako, hindi ko basta-basta iiwanan ang trabaho, bakit ko gagawin iyon? Kung may rason man, most probably ay pamilya ko. Sa ngayon, wala akong balak na bumitiw sa puwesto, marami pa akong plano."

"Secretary!"

"Totoong may issue po ba kayo kay Mayor?" She stopped walking for a while and smiled at the camera before waving her hands at the reporters.

The scene was cut and a reporter spoke on the screen. I'm no longer interested with what they broadcasted but I still want to be updated with what's happening around me. I just decided to change my clothes and watch the news in my room while reading some cases and updating my clients about the procedures and their concerns.

I opened my email and saw an email from the firm that states that I will be assigned to the cases of what the senior attorney is dealing with since he's now receiving his treatment for the upcoming surgery and will be out of the picture for months. He's focused on criminal cases that's why I also watched a few videos related to those issues until I fell asleep.

From Yves:

Nandito 'ang binabantayan mo, bro, ang dami nang kinakausap

I'm in my office, alone. Mabilis ko siyang tinawagan pero ang tagal niyang sumagot. Iniwan mo na ang mga papeles ko sa mesa na naghihintay ng desisyon ko para sa mga kliyente. I got my car key and my coat from the couch. Tinawagan ko ulit siya dahil naputol na ang tawag in na hindi pa rin niya ako sinasagot.

Tumakbo ako papunta sa parking lot ng firm, guard nalang ang naabutan ko sa lobby na sinusundan ako ng tingin. I already turned on the engine of my car when the dumbass answered.

"Why aren't you answering my calls, dumbass? Where are you?" iritado kong bungad.

He fucking laughed at me. [Obviously, in Taguig,] Rinig ko pa ang ingay sa paligid.

"Tell me precisely, Ferraro."

[May bayad 'to bro, wala nang libre ngayon.]

He told me the location and I drove there. I know that place, isa iyon sa madalas naming apat tambayan dahil sa hilig nilang tatlo. They're bad influence in terms of alcohol.