Chapter 33

"Depende pa, bakit?"

He cocked his head then slowly nodded. "Message me."

It's unnecessary. "Sure, I have some matters with you that need to be raised later at night."

For some reason, he cleared his throat and the side of his lips suddenly raised before avoiding my gaze. "Go on." He pointed the way where I was about to go with his open hands.

I formally move my head up and down before drifting away. Pumunta ako sa restaurant na nagmamadali at umupo sa tapat ng kaibigan. Her eyes directed on my tummy and smiled. "Hindi talaga halata ah?"

Nilagay ko ang bag sa katabi kong upuan at hinawakan ang tiyan. Nahihirapan ako sa pagbubuntis pero hindi rin naman halatang buntis ako. I've been eating healthy foods, the only difference is that my health should be monitored from time to time which is crucial for both me and my child.

The waiter placed our food, si Ana kasi ang pinapili ko ng pagkain ko, hindi naman ako nag c-crave. "That was my concern, Naths assured me that it's normal."

My friend smiled. "Is it a girl or a boy?"

"I haven't checked it yet, before the week ends, I will."

Her smile made me laugh. She's excited!

We talked about it for minutes. "By the way, when are you going to work in Buencamino Medical?"

As I sliced my burger, I looked at her. "After three months."

Natigilan siya at hinarap ako. Tumingin pa siya sa paligid tapos lumapit sa akin. "Don't tell me that you'll leave the government office?"

After giving her a nod, I grabbed a quarter of my food and ate it. Ana covered her mouth in shock as she gasped. "Are you alright?"

Giving her assurance means that I will lie and I'm always honest with her. I chose to tell her that I'll be fine. I just have to know what my priorities should be and set it straight. Minutes after, our conversation ended as well as our dinner.

"Where are you headed? Hatid na kita."

Kinuha niya ang bag at tumayo, ganoon na rin ang ginawa ko. Lumabas kami ng restaurant pagkatapos magbayad. "Hindi na, I brought my car with me."

We headed to the parking lot. "Kasama mo ba si Levi kagabi?" sunod na tanong niya.

"I live with him."

Nasamid siya sa sariling laway at kumapit sa akin. She kept on telling me to wait for her and so I did. A few seconds passed before she finally encoded the message. "Hindi kita pipigilan sa plano mo sa buhay, but are you sure about this? Ayokong mag paka-Lola o Nanay but you're 26, pregnant and all that. Abogado mo pa."

She was amused. It took her a while to say those. Ana doesn't normally comment but now, she did. It's merely a question, making sure if I know where I am headed in life.

I cocked my head. "Are you thinking if I will be pregnant with him?" I started laughing hilariously when she was stunned by what I said.

"Ang advance mo mag-isip!" dagdag ko na dahilan ng pag-iling niya.

As she scoffed, she started leaning towards me and whispered. "I don't know if Naths is ready to be a Tita of two."

She gave me a high-five and we continued walking. "Kaya mo ba mag drive?" she asked while looking at my car.

My chuckle caught her attention and I noticed how worried she was. Naisipan kong yakapin siya. "I'll be fine, Ana." Hinatak ko ang nguso niya nang ngumuso siya. "Stop pouting babe, come on!"