Chapter 28

Slowly, I opened my eyes and did nothing but cried out of disgust. Nanghina ako nang maalala ang nangyari. My parents hugged me and I even heard my father crying.

"Anak!"

Paano ko sila mahaharap pagkatapos ng nangyari?

Ramdan ko ang higpit ng yakap mula sa aking mga magulang at kanilang luha na aking nararamdaman.

Hinawakan ni Papa ang aking kamay at umiwas ng tingin. Naka formal suit pa siya, siguro ay galing siya sa senado, pilit nila akong pinatatahan. I'm sure that he already took action upon the accident. He used his connections as a senator, and I don't want to know what's going on. I'm afraid, that's what I am certain of.

"Pa.." agad niya akong tinignan at pinawi ang aking luha. "Ayoko- ayoko sa sarili ko, Pa!" nanginginig kong sambit.

Without saying anything, he reached me out for a hug. He's crying on my shoulders, I know. Nakita ko si Ate Naha sa tapat ko at ramdam ko ang galit sa kanyang mga mata.

Ayoko nang alalahanin ang nangyari, gusto ko na lang ilibang ang sarili para makalimutan iyon. Bakit ba ito nangyayari sa akin? Do I deserve to be treated like I don't deserve to be heard?

I was told that I was missing that night, three days after and here I am. I feel like I was bedridden for months!

The door opened and my parents stood up which made me realize that I am in one of the presidential suites in Buencamino Hospital. The doctor and nurses asked me how I feel emotionally, mentally and physically. They told me that I have bruises and cuts on my body.

I held onto my father and I pull his shirt closer to me everytime I hear someone else to speak.

"Pa?" I called.

My father put his palm against my back and slowly rubbed it, making me feel warm and safe.

"Mama?" I spoke again, sounding like a lost child who was taken away from her parents.

All I understood is that they will use a rape kit to examine my body. Blood test was already done. They kept on asking me how I felt, but they received no response.

I know that there are set of eyes who glanced at me. The doctors, the nurses. But I shivered when I saw a man in the same room other than my father.. other than my family who always kept me safe.

My breath hitched upon looking into that man in his scrubs. Mama who was looking at me held my hand, and Papa who was listening to the doctor paid his full attention to me.

"Bakit?" he protectively asked with affection on his tone.

Sinundan niya ng tingin ang lalaking nurse na agad namang in-excuse ang sarili at nag sorry. I buried my face on my father's shoulders when he sat on my bed to put himself into the same level. Hindi ako umiigik, hindi ako humihikbi, pero umiiyak ako at natatakot na umiyak dahil baka may kung sino na magpatahimik sa aking muli.

The woman doctor checked my charts and my parents kept on whispering something, trying hard to comfort me when the door opened.

"Ma! Nagising na si Sabel?"

Nagpaalam ang mga doctor kaya kaming apat ang natira sa kuwarto. Nahihirapan na akong huminga nang lumayo nang konti si Papa. I think he noticed it, but I was so drowned in horror and.. betrayal. 

My mouth was agape, being used to- breath more when my brother only stood where he was. He didn't step closer nor moved an inch.  He was only there, looking at me like he was pained at his sight. My brother was wearing his suit with bothered hair and is panting like he ran miles.