Chapter 27

Trigger warning: sexual harassment, rape

During that short reward day with Mae, I bought some stuff and even asked Ana to measure my body for a gown that I am supposed to wear in the physicians' ball.

The event ended yesterday, and it was a blast, I must say. Now, holding a pack of yakult, I walked near the nurse station and had a small talk with them, not until Naths entered the scene. She was looking at me in a weird way.

"Ilan ba bituka mo? Mag tubig ka pagkatapos mo diyan."

"Hindi kita pinakialaman noong ginawa mong dugo ang gatorade." I threw my trash in the bin after a few seconds and put my hands in the pocket of my coat before leaning on the marble desk.

She checked her phone for her mails and positioned herself beside me. "And you are here because?"

"Kasi hindi ko pa oras sa BMC," she muttered and suddenly faced me and I just raised her a brow.

Her lips are pouted, and it shows that she's confused about something. "If you were given a chance, would you rather stay in your own hospital?"

"It's not mine," I stated.

Blinking her eyes, she stood properly. "Your family's hospital rather."

I started massaging my neck and stretched my arms because of stiffness. Nagaya na ata ako sa katabi ko at mabilis akong tumanda. "What's with the question at bigla kang nag English?"

"Para mukhang intense."

"Siraulo!" sabi ko.

I looked around and saw a nurse lifting his lips and I gestured to him to stay quiet. That made him chuckle. It makes sense for Naths to ask that. Time is running after me and up to this moment, I'm stuck in between two situations where my decision is needed.

Biting my lips, I did nothing but to stop myself from smiling in a negative way. "Maybe. Aalis ka na diba? Drive safely," bilin ko sa kaibigan.

"Tell that to yourself." After having a hearty laugh, I left her there.

Pumunta ako sa staff office at dumeretso sa desk ko. Naglabas ako ng pen at notepad na lagi kong dala. I sat on my swivel and removed the can of my pen before starting to move my fingers into harmony.

'Time is running after me. Though I run as fast as I could, I won't be able to choose between one of the two roads, to continue this way or just go back to where my track was. Run faster, but you'll get tired sooner, as I noticed.

At 26, there are so many things to fix. Diamonds are there, but time is gold, they say. This life that I have, I want to live with it in what way?

Body and curves are there, and so are the skills, but time will soon vanish. Do a subtraction and I have 54 years left on average. Occupation is not just what I think of. I want to experience marriage before signing off.

And why do I always think this way? That I have to rush everything? Is it the reality or me that's been blinded by our society?

The reality of life that it's easy enough to foresee, and the society that tortures the growing minds of young adults like me. Time can't be bought, but it could be enjoyed, don't you agree?'

Sumulat pa ako ng isa, sa kabilang pahina upang malaman at matandaan ko ang kaisipan.

'Malabo man ang kinabukasan, piliin mong maging masaya para sa sariling kapakanan.'

Pagkatapos kong isulat ang nararamdaman at bumabagabag sa akin gamit ang pluma, labas na ako sa opisina at tumambay nanaman ako sa triage. Nakasandal ang braso ko sa desk habang nakatingin sa mga nurse at nakikipag-usap. Maya-maya ko na gagawin ang mga rotations ko kaya dito muna ako nananatili.