27. Mystery

Lazarus POV

At night, Grace and I were walking in the garden, under the moonlight. I caressed her fingers. She interlocked her fingers with mine. We were silent, just walking and enjoying the silence. It's a joy listening to the rhythm of our heartbeat.

Breaking the silence I said, "Hey how did you know that she wasn't Mia back then?"

She looked a little suppose maybe she wasn't expecting this question.

"It's just simple. she would have killed you coz you kidnapped me. She is a feisty one, and I didn't see any reaction even after she looked at you. So I got pretty sure that she is not Mia."

"So you..... Umm," She was looking at me with questionable eyes. "I will try and get some help from witches to get you back to the human world, at least for some time," I said the whole sentence in one breathe.

Waiting for her answer.

As she didn't reply, I said, "Actually, it's pretty tough for someone who is bonded in our world to get into the human world. Before our meeting, we weren't on bond, but now we are, even its whole bonding ceremony has remained. But we can't easily get back to the human world but, but I would try. For sure."

I explained her whole situation, but still, she was wearing a poker face.

The breezes stopped, and moonlight seem brightened. And her eye glowed in electric moon color, she was looking way different than the Grace I know.

"She won't go to the human world. She will stay and discovered more secrets about her." A whole wicked voice cracked.

I was not able to believe in my ears. And she gave me a mean grin.

I was staring at her.

After a while, like she was back to normal, looking at me with caring eyes. The eyes which hold love for me, not the earlier one, who despise me.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah I am, and frankly speaking I don't want to go the human world right now, let me just stay here for a little more time, being a Princess Grace." "What say Prince Lazarus?" she asked me with one frown eyebrow.

"Yeah sure," I replied.

"Hey, wait here just a minute okay? I will be right back." I told her and teleported to the witch's house.

"Hey what do you know about Grace?" I asked her firmly.

"Oh my, you gave me a shock." She scolded me. But after hearing my question she asked, "Oh, so you wanna know?"

"Tell me right now," I commanded her.

"Then go and find why she survived first. Then I will tell her secrets." "Just be a little careful around her from now on"

She gave me kinda warning, "But why?"

"You would know very soon, now get outta here" and I got kicked out of her hut.

"You ******** witch." I cursed her. I didn't get my answer, but now I know that whatever it was, she wasn't Grace, and Grace is kinda unaware of that other entity's existence in her body.

And I teleported back with a bunch of white flowers.

She smiled and accepted the flowers. She smell the fragrance and smiled at me. we sat on the grass looking at the moon. "Ya know moon fascinates me, it makes me calm and happy."

She was sharing her inner thoughts but I was thinking about her survival mystery.

"She will stay and discovered more secrets about her." This sentence was repeating in my mind. I must find out, who that entity is.

THE END

So join Lazarus' investigation journey in the sequel, Hostel 2.

I wanted to name the sequel with a different name but new readers would get confused. So ya, sticking with the same name.