19. A day in a Forest

We were walking through the forest, chirping of the birds, little sun rays playing hide and seek, and some rustle of leaves along with the breeze.

 It was a nice warm day. I was experiencing that little freedom happily.

"You have that compass?" Lazarus broke my trance.

"Yeah...Yup" I answered hurriedly.

"Show me."

I gave it from my bag.

That compass was like a magical compass that was able to show the appropriate route.

I was so amazed by such magical things. This leaves, tree everything brought the memories of my grandma. I used to play in the forest, while my grandma used to collect some fruits to eat and leaves for medicine. She gave me the warmth of the mother and the strictness of dad.

That time we used to live in our small house, where mountains can be visible from the windows. In the rainy season mountains often plays with the wind and clouds. The little raindrop used to fascinate me. The rainy season.....

"Hey..." Lazarus moved his hands in front of me. I surprised. "What happened?"

"Nothing, I just remember my grandma."

"Oh," There were some worries in his tone.

"What happened?" I asked him.

"Umm, it's just so cool to have great memories of someone."

.

.

.

Lazarus POV

today Grace seems happy. She is behaving like a little girl. I just can't hold myself from staring her beautiful face.

I took a compass from her. Still, a long way to go, I guess. I looked at her. Her smile has left her face.

"Hey what happened? " I asked her. She told me about her Grandma. Maybe I bought some painful memories of her grandma.

There is a long silence between us. To break that silence, I spoke to her.

"Hey, tell me about yourself, we never talk about you."

"There is nothing much to talk about." She sighed.

"I donno whose my parents are? My Grandma raised me. She died, I shifted to the city for higher studies. And then I am here." she said in a monotonous tone.

I know she feels trapped but I just can't do anything.

"Hey, why you guys live in such an 18's era?" She asked me suddenly.

"Coz we live in different dimensions. And hence we have this different timeline. As human has accepted many changes and invented some machines. But we, vampires, are scared of changes."