18. Journey

We were about to leave when a young man approached us. A mid 30's age, his eyes were light golden, sharp chin, playboy look just like Lazarus.

Lazarus smiles at that man.

"Meet my friend, we are more like twins, right?"

That young man, smiled a bit and hugged him.

"When we are away from the palace he will play the role," Lazarus said looking at me.

"But Why?" I asked him in confusion.

"I don't want everyone to freak out about there King's imprisonment."

"Oh yeah." I wonder about Lazarus' judgment.

"But what about me?" I asked him worriedly.

"I told the maid that we fought and I locked you in the room." Such a lame excuse. I said making the face.

"Don't worry, I will take care of everything. Trust me. By the way, I am Xavier." he said bowing, giving respect.

"Thanks, Xariev for helping us. Maybe we will hang out another day" I said frankly.

"Let's go," Lazarus ordered me. I swung the backpack and walked out.

"Just be safe," Xavier said waving his hand.

"Yup" I smiled and wave him back.

And we left.

"But Lazarus, if we left from the front gate, the guards will notice us."

"We are going through the secret door. Earlier from the King's room, I got a map, so let's see where it will take us?"

"Let's got then" I was a bit excited about this journey.

We were toe walking. Hiding behind walls and pillars. Avoiding the maids and other guards as much as possible.

We were on the ground floor. Where we notice a staircase that was leading towards the dungeon. I got chilled walking on the stairs. There was no light. Lazarus glow on the lantern. We finally reached the "Underground Dungeon" There were many cells that were so muddy, and a pungent smell was coming from it.

"Hey, what's with this smell?" I asked Lazarus putting my hand over my nose.

He was walking in front of me. Hence only his back was visible.

"To torture people." He said slowly, but his voice echoed through the walls.

His answer made me shiver. I wanted to run and hide in a safe place. But with some courage, I was still walking.

"Why to torture people?" I asked with great daring.

"There are many reasons for that. And hence we hate humans."

"Oh, Hence no one came to visit me," I said in a low-key voice.

.

;

.

"So, do you hate me?" I asked him with hesitation.

"I used to, but now..... umm I don't."

That made me fill a little uncomfortable, I was thinking about my escape plan at the same time.

After walking for some 5 mins, we encountered a little tunnel. It was way old. The walls were filled with green algae. I was following Lazarus slowly.

To make some conversation after a long silence, I spoke, "How did you meet Xavier?"

"He saved my life."

"How?" I was dying to know, as he rarely talks about his life.

"I was little and was playing with some of my friends. When one of them, started to tease me about my lacking of powers. That's the first time I discovered that I don't have any abilities, my mind was so frustrated, I started to ran towards woods, which was forbidden for children."

"After running for more than 20 mins, I stopped and looked around, When I realize that I accidentally cross our kingdom's border. As being a child and not having any sense about the direction, I ran here and there."

"After a while, I heard some horse voices, I started to run the opposite side, but a guy with a great built made me stopped. I looked at him, it was Trevor. I saw his fearless eyes with a marked face. I stumble upon a stone and fell on the ground."

"He smiled wickedly. By that time I got to know that, he is someone dangerous. I started to run, He was chasing me with his guards. I was able to hear their laughing and horse voices. When someone grab me by my wrist and made me hide into bushes. I saw a boy of the same age, somewhat the same face. Hiding there for a long time, taking the hint that we are safe. We ran towards the north. As Xavier had its power of direction."

"After entering into our kingdom, Huffngly, he scold me for going out in the woods alone. And I plead him to keep it as secret. And he kept his word. No one knows about that incident, umm, now, except you."

"And after that we became friends. He is the son of a great warrior. His dad lost his life while protecting our kingdom. I still own him a lot."

"That was a really great story. He is really a trusting guy. So you saw Trevor?"

"Yup. Hence I am aware of his powers"

"Is there any way to kill him?"

"There are some potions which are used in war, which makes even a vampire weak and then instant death."

"Oh." That was something a new information to me.

"I thought vampires are immortals." I told my doubt to Lazarus.

"Yeah, we can live up to 1000's of years, but we are not immortals"

"You know there is one interesting fact about the vampires." He said with a smile.

"What is it?"

"Vampires can die due to heart-break."

"No, that's a lie."

"Why do you think like that?"

"Coz, you guys have so little emotions."

"Yeah, that's true. But when a vampire makes a bond with his partner vampire, and if one of them dies, then the other vampire eventually dies."

"Ok, that's great, but what bond?" 'Bond' still a new concept for me.

"In the human world, you called it 'love' but a bond is more than love. When vampire bonds, they are able to track their partner, share their powers, and can do telepathy."

"Wooaahh, that's awesome."

After walking through that short tunnel, we saw a ray of light. But the exit was filled with numerous plants. With a great struggle, we step out of that tunnel. When I turned around I saw a light blue clear sky, the warmth of the sun, and fresh air.

"This is beautiful" I utter.

"You have only seen the beauty of the palace, now you will see the beauty of our kingdom."

I looked at Lazarus. He was looking so bright today, not like a lost child but a responsible man.

"Why are looking me like that?" Lazarus asked me. I averted my gaze.

"I have a little doubt"

"What?"

"You are standing in a sun,but you look comfortable."

"This is not a real sun, but a reflection of the sun. And this sunlight will not harm us."

"Great." I was a little shocked. And we started to walk into the woods.

Img Credit : Google

Hey, guys tell me your thoughts about the story. Do comment and share. Don't forget to vote.