Kai Havertz - Right person, wrong time

It had been 2 months and 12 days exactly since the breakup and every part of you missed him but you knew you were best of without him. It may take a little while for you both to understand that but it was kinder to you both to go your separate ways.

For around 2 months before the breakup yours and Kai's relationship had been on the rocks constant arguing, disappointments and hostility surrounded you when you was together. It got to the point were you both was bringing the worst out in each other but you both was too wrapped up in this relationship to realise how toxic it really was.

-- y/n pov --

Over 2 months ago kai left for good but the faint scent of him was lingering around in mine and Kai's apartment. It didn't feel like my home anymore I felt like a stranger in a familiar house, all traces of kai had vanished. Their was no photo's, his clothes, footballs, PlayStation it had all gone almost removing a part of your life as those small monuments reflected Kai and you missed him and the thought of having to live the rest of your life without Kai terrified you. Everything reminded you of Kai even washing your face because he would slip his arms around your waist and whisper for you to hurry up because he wouldn't go to bed without you.

You was almost certain Kai was your soulmate everything about you two told you that but somethings just wasn't meant to be. You hope that in the future Kai would remember you as someone who loved him and pushed him to follow his heart, who told him everything would be okay when the hate got too much. Someone he could rely on, someone that would attempt to speak German so you could have a better conversation with his family, not the person this relationship turned you into.

I had listened to pretty much every sad song on repeat while looking at old pictures of us looking so happy and in love. If only she knew in the future the heartbreak just maybe she wouldn't of had to deal with a heartbreak so heavy.

-- Kai pov --

Loosing y/n has been the hardest thing I have had to deal with, everything made me think about her which made the heartache stronger. Goals were celebrated differently, no more knee sliding to the family stands to impress her or kiss my ring finger. A part of me had died when me and y/n broke up she became apart of me so doing this without her was on the verge of impossible and what wasn't caused a heavy ache. I wanted to message her desperately to try and fix this but my mind drifted to some of our arguments which confirmed this was the best option and not to try and contact her. During the arguments we both said and acted in ways we shouldn't had and that made the healing process that much harder as I just wanted to apologise and make up for some of the disgusting things I said but she wanted space. And after everything the least I could give her was that.

-- Nobody's pov --

In the end time the best healer for the both of them was time, it got easier. But their was still a part missing in both of their hearts that could only be filled by the other person, maybe they would reunite the flame would re-spark after all they were soulmates. It was the right person just at the wrong time.

A/N: hello, I hope this was okay for you all, thankyou again for reading this I can't believe how many of you have read this book in such a short period of time it means so much. Let me know if you have any requests whether that's players or a storyline.