Marcus Rashford - Keep coming back to you

2 months had past and those feelings for Marcus just didn't seem to budge no matter how hard you tried. That wasn't because your an awful person and just wanted to forget about him the moment he walked out the door but the pain you was suffering was too unbearable. Yours and Marcus's relationship has being troubled for some time and 4 months ago you decided to breakup but you was too attached to let go and a week later ended up being together again.

What made it harder was to some people their was no flaws within this relationship nothing truly to make you want to leave him even his annoying habits like leaving the toilet seat lid up or dirty clothes everywhere wasn't enough to call it quits- it was just a feeling. You both had tried for months to try and put it past you and find a way to work but it just wasn't possible you both was in very different parts of your life and wanted different things.

You wanted marriage a family some certainty and unfortunately Marcus just wasn't the man for that he was too focused on football and you couldn't judge him for that it's what he loves; which is why you decided it was best for you both to call it quits. But you should of known you will always keep coming back to him.

--

You had planned on having a quiet night in movies, skincare all the things you loved to try and not only try to relax but to take your mind of Marcus and the urge to call him. The clock had just turned 5pm and you had just left your new apartment to go to Asda to get some snacks and dinner for the evening. You chucked on a pair of grey joggers paired with green hoodie while Marcus's old hoodie mocked you as it laid on your bed.

-

"Here let me get that for you" a stranger said as he saw you struggle to reach for the top shelf

"Thanks I... Marcus?" you said shocked as he wasn't such a stranger

"y/n hey what you doing here" Marcus said not as shocked as you clearly hinting he recognised you

"Getting groceries" you laughed "What else would I be doing in a supermarket"

"Just as sarcastic as ever" Marcus laughed whilst shaking his head

"No I mean in Manchester I thought you was moving back home"

"Oh that, I was but I got offered a promotion at work and I could only take it here."

"Oh that makes sense well congrats you deserve it" Marcus replied whilst looking you like you was the most precious thing in the world like if he took his focus of you for one second you would disappear.

"Thanks, how have you being" you asked and while for some people they would run a 100 miles if they saw their ex you both saw no reason too because one it didn't end badly and two you both was still in love with each other even if you wouldn't admit it.

"Good, well I'm getting their football is not exactly working for me right now" he laughed nervously whilst scratching the back of his head

"You'll get their I promise you always do just don't go to hard on yourself"

"Maybe but it doesn't help when I have mind somewhere else... on you"

"Marcus-"

"Y/n I know what you said and I listened and I have thought about this and I know we can do this but I just need a chance y/n"

"Marcus please not here"

" because I can't stand another second of me not being able hold you to be able to call you mine. I hate the thought of another man touching you. It's me and you always and you can try and ignore it all you want but y/n we will always come back to each other" Marcus said whilst cupping your face. The tension begging to be broken.

"Marcus it's not that easy"

"Who said it can't I love you do you still love me?" Marcus asked with a sense of urgency not breaking his intense hold he had on your eyes

"I do but-"

"Then who cares, we will find a way because love will always win yeah it's going to be hard but I'd bet my life it won't be harder than living a life without you in it. Just one chance" Marcus asked still holding the eye contact and cupping your cheek

"Ok, I guess I have missed you too" you playfully rolled your eyes

--

You both had decided to spend the night together at you apartment and cook like old times when you first began dating and in these small moments you realise that theirs something special between you and Marcus because you will keep coming back to him and he will keep coming back to you.

A/N: Hey everyone hope you enjoyed this. This wasn't a request I did this mostly because I haven't written anything with him in for a while. I have no requests so please let me know if you have something even if it's just players as I have story plots but with no players.