Mason Mount- Nothing left but broken promises

You had thought you met your soulmate the person you was going to be spending the rest of your life with but it looked like it just wasn't the case anymore. You loved him so much but you just couldn't do it anymore the constant disappointment, arguments uncertainty it had to stop and you new you had to end the relationship. You couldn't trust him anymore and that worried you, if somebody said they saw Mason making out with another girl it wouldn't surprize you which was another confirmation you needed to breakup because no relationship will work without trust and deep down you knew this.

It had been like this for the last 3 months and while you had tried to talk to Mason about it, it would lead to arguments so you just gave up and accepted it. He promised you things would get better that things would go back to how they used to be but just like all of his promises he broke them. You gave up blaming him because you knew if he really loved you and wanted to fix this he would have made the effort, it was no one's fault you just grew apart and wasn't what the other person needed anymore and that was ok.

"Hey mason can we talk please?" you asked twiddling your hair about in your fingers out of nervousness

"Is it important? I am about to go out with the lads?" Mason groaned

"Yeah it is actually"

"ok, go on" mason said while sitting down on the sofa

"okay so-"

"wait y/n please don't go the long way around it just say it please?"

"Okay well then, erm" you stuttered while mason looked at you blankly

"I think we should break up"

"what why would you say that"

"It's just not working anymore mase I really wanted it too I have been trying for months but we just aren't good for each other anymore"

" come on y/n please, don't give up on me." Mason said his voice cracking

"Mase I aren't making you happy anymore you deserve somebody who will and I deserve that too"

"I don't make you happy anymore"

"You know where I stand I have talked to you about this loads of time"

"I promised you though that I would fix this, get us back to how we once were."

"Yeah but just like all the other promises you make you break them, then I forgive you but then you break them again. I can't keep getting disappointed mase"

"but I love you, I need you"

"And I love you too but you clearly don't you have ignored me and barely spent anytime with me for months"

"but you have still been here"

"It's unfair to ask me to do that forever"

"I know" Mason said swiping his cheek

-- Time skip to returning to your home to pick up your stuff --

"Hey" you said dully as mason opened the door

"Hi" mason said while matching your tone

You went upstairs to pack your belongings while mason followed behind you

"So your really going" Mason said leaning against the door frame

"Yeah it's what is best for us" you said the tears reappearing

"How could you say that, if you love me and you wanted to fix this 2 fucking days ago then how can you have changed your mind so quick?"

"I gave up mason of being disappointed all the time"

"But I promise things would get better and I still intend for it too"

"Don't you trust me anymore?" Mason added to which you hesitantly shook your head

"But- how I haven't given you any reason not to, I don't go around cheating on you or-"

"Mason your not listening to me its all the disappointment, I can't take it anymore. You have changed and I aren't saying it's a bad thing because I want you to be you but your not the person I fell in love with anymore"

"I want you to be with someone who will be what you need for the person you are now, you deserve it I-"

"Don't y/n I don't think I could ever love again, not how I do for you"

"Please don't make this any harder" you cried sitting on the bed

"Hey come here" Mason said pulling you in for a hug

"It's not the end of us I don't believe it, we need a break but if we really are soulmates like we believed we were we will find each other again. And if you trust anything then trust that." Mason said while sweeping your tears away with his thumb

--

In the end all that was left was broken promises and the hope they would find each other again.

A/N: Hi, thankyou so much for nearly 6k honestly it means so much I am completely surprised by how many people have read this book and in such short amount of time. I hope you have enjoyed this imagine. Requests for plot is closed as I have quite a few to work through but for players it is still open so let me know.