Phil Foden - Injury

It was roughly 20 minutes into the second half of the match when you saw your Husband Phil go in for a risky side tackle which resulted in him being carried off on a stretcher and a booking. You shot up initially concerned as you saw Phil rolling about in pain and couldn't walk even with help of the other players and medics; that resulted in the stretcher being brought out. You rushed out of the stands to go to the tunnel to see him.

"Hey miss, you cant go down there." a body guard standing in front of you blocking you

"What" you said confused

"It's out of bounds to fans." he said mockingly

"oh yeah sorry my mind was somewhere else" I said while handing my id card apologising

"No worried Mrs Foden he is in room 3"

"Thanks"

--

"Hey, darling, you ok" Phil said while trying to put a brave face on for you but you could see the pain in his eyes

"Yeah I'm fine, how are you feeling?"

"I'm fine honestly probably just pulled a hamstring or something, babe don't worry"

"yeah this is no hamstring pull, we need to get you to a&e for an emergency x-ray" The doctor said to us both

"is it really that bad?" "I'm sure a couple of aspirin and rest and it will be fine" Phil said getting impatient

"Well considering your bone is sticking out and your calf is inflamed I don't think an aspirin will do it justice mate I'm sorry. I will go call staff to sort transport out."

"Phil it will be ok I promise"

"No it won't y/n, do you know how long I could be out for.. Mhm" Phil said mocking me and clearly dismissing me

"Look I get your frustrated but don't take it out on me"

"y/n you don't get it if it's what they suspect that's months out, I will miss playing for England, loose my form, fall way behind my other teams and you expect me to believe you when you say it's going to be ok?"

"It's not ok y/n and you wouldn't fucking understand so stop trying. Do something useful will ya and get the medic here please"

"Whatever your fucking unbelievable" I huffed leaving the room

"Hey Isaac Phil is wanting you" I said while heading for the exit

"Oh ok I am on my way there actually. You coming?

"No I am going to head home and give him some space."

"Okay well I will let you know the results"

"Thanks"

You felt guilty leaving him and you knew what he said he didn't mean but he was bang out of order and he will see how much you actually do when your not there.

"Hey mate, do you know where y/n gone she has been gone awhile"

"Oh yeah she went home a little while ago"

"oh" Phil said feeling guilty for his immature behaviour, the pain in his heart overpowered by pain in his leg

-- Time skip to results --

It was around an hour since you left Etihad stadium when you got a call from Isaac

'Hey y/n can you come in to pick Phil up and sign some documents please? we are in room 12"

"Yeah I'm on my way, has his results come back?"

"Yeah he has a broken leg and bruised ribs, so needs to rest, it's going to be quite a long recovery fro him. It's quite severe y/n he has gone into surgery 10 minutes ago for the bone to be put back in place."

"Wow I can't believe all that from one tackle but ok I'm on my way"

--

It was around 2 hours later when Phil woke from the anaesthesia and the sight of him tugged at your heart, his leg was all wrapped up and casted while his stomach was covered in bandages from his sores. Swollen purple bruises laid underneath.

"Hey baby, how are you feeling" you said while sitting on the chair beside his bed holding his hand

"I'm ok darling just a little sore, I want to apologise for my behaviour- theirs no excuse but I honestly didn't mean any of it" Phil said while pulling your hand up to his mouth to kiss

"It's ok honestly let's just forget about it and focus on your recovery, I'm going to be working from home so I can look after you"

"You don't have to do that babe"

"I want to" I said simply smiling at the fragile boy in front of me

--

2 weeks in and whilst you wish the circumstances was different you couldn't of been happier to be spending so much time with each other, days was spent baking, cosied up of the sofa under1000s of blankets watching films while being comforted in each others arms. It was a challenge to say the least trying to work, house chores and help Phil move around but you was fine with it because it was for the one you loved the most.

A/N: Firstly, I just want to say thankyou so much for 2k reads it means so much this is crazy in just 2 weeks; First imagine for Phil Foden I hope it was ok, this was a request so hope you enjoyed it. Again just want to say sorry for being so inactive this last week, going to try and post a few this weekend for you guys. As always if you have any requests for players weather that's plot or players let me know.